Getting rid of Jeep GC Or Bolt EUV to get into Model Y?

Currently 2 cars in household and I don’t need a third car :slight_smile:
But I would love to get a #tesla Model Y with the current pricing and claim $7500 Fed rebate.

1. 2023 #jeep GC Limited – CCAP Lease started in Dec 2022. Payoff is around $43,000 and the best I could get was from Local Jeep dealer at $41500. With my due at signing in December, I will be around $2500 negative

2. 2022 #chevrolet Bolt EUV – Lease ending in September 2023. Payoff is $23500. Carvana and Vroom is offering around $24000
    Am I missing something, can Hackers suggest any way to minimize the total cost?

Thank you!
#lease-end-purchase

Bolt sounds easiest to shitcan.

5 Likes

Is the bolt GM Financial. I don’t believe they allow third party dealership payoffs anymore. I think if you went that route you would have to purchase it then sell it to the dealer. Also Vroom last I checked did not purchase leases.

Chrysler capital should allow third party dealership sales eliminating the sales tax burden of the transaction.

Yes it’s GM financials.
I thought Chevy dealership can buy out the lease?

The Chevy dealer is going to want to drown you :joy:

They can, but the drowning mentioned above is probable. It’s possible you could get a GM store to match a third-party buyer, but it may take some work.

Keep what you have to minimize total cost.

But if you want the model Y badly…just shop the two that you have hard-core and see how the dust settles out to minimize the hemorrhage.

3 Likes

Find an AutoNation GM store near you and get an automated apprasial from them.

3 Likes

Thanks for this tip.
They came back with $29k

7 Likes

utterly amazed you have positive equity in this market. I’d take that offer and run so fast and far.

5 Likes

How is your lease ending in September 2023 for a car that hit the market in the spring of 2022?

Edit: Ohhh, probably swapped from Original Bolt? Makes sense now, my bad.

2 Likes

I would literally be driving to that dealer now.

4 Likes

Yes. Swapped.

1 Like

29k would be insane. Maybe a severe Bolt shortage where you live? Good luck!!

2 Likes

Dump that Bolt and take the money.

5 Likes

Yeah, the Bolt EV > EUV swaps have created a huge equity gap for the lucky ones who held out, even with GM dropping the MSRP last year. On average, the delta is probably $5-7k, depending on the configuration. And that’s not even counting the compensation for MSRP difference GM Financial gives back to swaps in certain states.

1 Like

For sure. Still, surprised to read about 29k for a used '22 Bolt. That means dealer assumes someone will be paying in access of 32k for it, which is close to the price of a new 23 Bolt Premiere BEFORE tax credits :man_shrugging:

1 Like

29K is more than retail for an LT.

4 Likes

OP @baggy …sell this thing ASAP if you really want the Tesla.

5 Likes

might be a loaded Premier though?