Getting out of lease and into new one

Got a 2018 Durango GT AWD with 2nd row captains seats. I have 11 payments left on my lease @ 470/month.
At this point I have a possibility of going over the mileage by about 1-2k (I know that at. 25 per mile it won’t be a big deal) but Everyone is telling me that I should go to the dealer and see if they’d take it back early, wash out the payments and get me into a new lease without absorbing anything from the previous month one. I see that Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler has some good programs but not sure I will be able to get out and into a new Durango without absorbing anything.
Just curious if anyone has any insight or can give some advice.
TIA

They won’t. They’ll be happy to put you into a new lease and roll all of your payments into it.

There are two exceptions and ONLY two exceptions to this. Either the manufacturer (not the dealer) is doing a pull ahead, which isn’t happening 11 months out, or they buy out the lease and instead of rolling the remaining payments in, they roll in your equity (positive or negative).

If you want to know what the second option there might look like, go get a purchase quote from Carvana and compare it to your current buy out.

2 Likes

2k over would cost you $500. Seems like the new deal taxes/dealer charges/registration alone would be quite a bit more than that.

GM used to give you up to $500 mileage credit on overage if you leased another vehicle from them. They would also give you a similar amount for “excessive” wear-and-tear charges. Don’t know if that program is still in effect. But perhaps Chrysler financial has a similar policy.

I dont think Chrysler has that. I’m not so much worried about the overage. $500 isn’t going to make or break anything at the end of the lease. Just looking to see if it’s worth going to the dealer to negotiate a new deal and if they’d wash out my current payment.

You need new friends that aren’t all drowning in negative equity. You definitely don’t do this 11 months out - maybe take a swing 2-3 months out.

Yeah tell everyone you misread your lease contact and you aren’t over your miles. And buy more miles next lease. Always always round up.