Getting out of a 2018 Volvo S90 Lease

Bruce…what year/trim level to you have for the S90? Did you purchase at $43k or lease?

'18 S90 T6 Momentum. Sticker was right at $60K. 11% discount, $5750 Volvo cash, $1500 lease cash, $3000 A-plan. April incentives available in my zip code.

Nice deal…I did well on my Inscription (approx $13.5k off) but you’re at around $17k off. I’m an amateur “hacker” compared to many of you on this list.

They only seem to have a poor residual value when you compare against msrp. On my 24/15k lease, the RV is 61%, but my cap cost was only 72% of the msrp. If you base the RV off of that price, the equivalent RV is 84%. Dropping only 16% over 2 years isn’t bad at all.

V90 cc is raised up about 2-2.5" over the s90

So the S90 is probably overpriced by 15-20% but we all walk away with a smile on our faces thinking we got a great deal. No way these cars will sell for anything close to RV when the leases are over.

2 Likes

Many reviews think the S90 is nicer than many cars with higher MSRP’s. Besides, when it comes to leasing, discounts from MSRP and residuals are everything (yes, MF as well). So even if one believes the MSRP is too high, if the RV is reasonable and you work a discount, the payment is great. That is why everyone here is leasing the S90 for payments similar to a 35K Honda.

It’s def one of the nicest cars for the payment people got in April …hard to beat that value.

2 Likes

It’s a great value proposition, the S90 is a full size luxury sedan. Since the 2018 model only has the long wheelbase now, the size is within a few inches with models like the S-class and 7 series. I’m not saying it’s a nicer car.

If I end up getting a sedan, the S90 would be at the top of my list (assuming all the incentives are still there).

Just do a 3 month payment to take you to a 9 month pull ahead and get yourself the Volvo cuv that better suits your needs…

At around $500 a month thats only 1500 total

Where in Bergen county are you?

You can’t. Has to be actual 9 months to lease maturity.

what is your monthly payment?

Throw it on Turo until Dec, should be able to cover the lease payment.

If Volvo is like most other captives it would probably be a violation of his lease agreement.

Not to mention washing and vacuuming the car to make a few bucks doesn’t sound appealing for someone in the OP’s shoes.

I’d have to make June-Nov payments to come within 9 months and I still don’t think they’d let me out with pull-ahead. My lease is up in Aug 2019. If I replace the car with another Volvo, I’d prefer to do it on a 2019 model which will hopefully have some minor improvements over the outgoing models.

My payoff is currently $45,603 and that includes taxes (NC). I’ll continue to use it as my daily driver until I can get back down to NC and pick up my Pacifica van.

I’m in Emerson (here in Bergen Cty).

1 Like

Monthly payment is $463

And use the extra money produced to pay for all the dings, scratches and curb rash that will accumulate before turn in.

Agree! Not sure Volvo would allow it. If I did Turo, I’d list it for some silly amount (eg, $500/day) hoping it would never be rented. Then, I should be able to write off the monthly payments & maintenance on my Federal taxes (expense) as I was making an effort to use the asset to generate income (revenue).

1 Like

OP stated that in the first post, so he’s looking at alternative methods.

I did miss that, thank you.