Getting CVRP Twice?

Hi all I have a question. Not sure which thread it belongs to. So I got a CVRP and CVAP in 2021. I got a Chevy bolt with one pay. Did an SOC in end of 2022 and got a 2023 Bolt EUV. Looking to sell to Autonation Chevy and make about 12k in equity.

I want to then purchase a tesla to take advantage of the $7500 tax credit. When I originally applied for CVRP I did with my personal information. Can I apply for CVRP with my business now? Has anyone done this successfully?

Any other recommendations on what the best move is? I want to sell the Chevy and get a tesla model 3 in obviously the cheapest way possible. (i.e. CVRP, Tax credit, equity from chevyā€¦anything else?)

Is your business an s corp or a dba, if dba then no.

If you know someone who has a spare friends and family code, you can get a better deal with it

The minimum holding period is 30 months.

Have you read through their FAQ, specifically the footnote on business, to ensure your business qualifies?

I have an s corp and an llc as well. What do you mean by friends and family code?

Since the original 2021 Bolt had a fire safety recall issue then the 30 month doesnt apply for me anymore.

A holder of a GM supplier code who has used it in the last 12 months can issue a ā€˜Friendsā€™ Code (I forget the technical term) that anyone can use. The requirement is the supplier had to buy a GM previously in the last 12 months.

And this code will give me a better deal on a Tesla?

Sorry I didnā€™t notice you put tesla (in lower case), I was thinking you were getting another Bolt with $7500 (Which there isnā€™t). most people are shouting TESLA! these days so a lower case tesla slipped my brain.

My understanding was it didnā€™t apply to repurchases. I didnā€™t see they waived that requirement for any that were recalled.

My knowledge on this is strictly from LH. Another member mentioned that it didnt apply on recalls so im going with that and hoping he is correct.

Haha no worries. Ya I went from a 2021 Bolt to 2023 Bolt EUV to now hopefully a Tesla Model 3. I spoke to Tesla sales today and they mentioned I can purchase it with my business. Called my bank to get rates on business loans. If that works then I can apply for CVRP through my business as well.

IF there are any other ā€œhacksā€ on ways to save even MORE please let me know (:

how much was the autonation quote for your 23 EUV?

They gave me $28,500. I rejected. A month ago I was quoted $32k.

You should dump it and cash out the equity.

I want to but I keep thinkingā€¦ then what? Any other places that might do a buy out?

Just an update. Just sold my 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier Edition to Chevy in Temecula for $32,000 on 03/01/2023

2 Likes

$5 gas will do that

Yeah my understanding is that you would have to return the rebate (pro-rated) if you ended your EV ownership early (less than 30 months). The SOC counts towards your 30 months; however, if you sold your new vehicle before the 30 months, you technically - per my understanding - have to return the money (pro-rated).

1 Like

Well there was a recall and I had no other choice then to end my ownership. It was either that or to risk fire safety issue with battery combusting. I would also like to note that in the time they took my 2021 Bolt there was no option to fix the issue either. The only option the dealer had was to put me in a 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV and sign a new agreement. Seems like the most likely outcome would be that the clause would be waived in this instance. I guess we will see.

Just checked Gasbuddy at the most convenient places I use in Ohio ($2.69) and California ($5.19).

Thatā€™s for 87.

The spread for 89, which is what I use, is only $1.80.

1 Like