Genesis GV60 Lease Hack?

I’m looking to hack a GV60. They’re just sitting on the lot with prices over $60k. Very low range and frankly will drop like a rock in resale.

Already a $7500 Genesis/Kia and Hyundai are passing along when leasing. MF is high though washing that away.

Any off MSRP amounts recommended?
$10k off etc

Thats why you immediately buy out the lease.

1 Like

Then walk away.

You can’t just make up ways to hack a lease.

My guess is it’ll be a while before you see attractive leases on a Genesis.

Gonna have to wait for them to struggle to move units before they become hackable again. The pandemic supply crunch did wonders for them. I’m betting in 3-4 years we will start seeing bigger discounts since Hyundai inevitably screws everything up as their designs and innovation become stale post-launch/refresh.

Some YouTuber has a video on CarMax offering him $49K for his GV60 Advanced ($59K) with 15K miles.

The $7500 incentive makes it a cheap-ish EV to lease/buyout and drive… it’s not EQS cheap.

I’ve only heard of $1K or $2K off MSRP and that’s for the Performance trim ($69K) which is vastly overpriced IMO. I think resale will continue to be low because demand for a low-range small SUV that’s $70K is pretty low. GV70 EV might command better resale for sure but I personally prefer the GV60.

The major concern is all these problems it is having. The latest being all rear drive shafts need to be replaced - https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2023/RCMN-23V300-6638.pdf

3 Likes

Question is how long they have to sit on supply to feel the pain? I’ve seen dealers sit on a car for over 5 months, and then say they would trade it with another dealer, or take it to auction.

The conglomerate that controls the 3 Korean brands doesn’t apparently believe in hackable leases

1 Like

So what is a hackable EV lease these days? EQS is done deal. EQE has been slim. Volvo just sucks.

1 Like

I agree on the gv70 as well. I’m presuming it’s due to range for your reasoning?
MSRP is $70k, which imo is way over priced.