Genesis GV 70 Leasing Deals Questions (all about that number)

Hi everyone, I am new to leasing and looking to lease a 2022 Genesis GV70 2.5T Advance Package for 36 months / 12000mils. My zip code is 13210. I have been looking at the deals around NY and NYC area. I am curious to know your thoughts on the MF, residual, and lease or loyalty credit (if any).

The MSPR on this car is around 51000. Here is the info. I got from a dealer:

MSPR: 50695
Fees: 739
Tax: 4055
MF for 36m: 0.00173
MF for 48m: 0.00196
Residual Value: 52-56% (28300)

That makes it 925/m for 36m or 975/m for 48m without downpayment. The number seems a bit high compared to what I got from the calculator…

Any insights on the stats and the deal as a whole? Thank you all!!

If a dealer is offering a higher MF for a longer term, you need a different dealer.

1 Like

You do realize you can finance for 60 mos for essentially the same payment?

2 Likes

That’s an atrocious lease. Just buy it.

1 Like

Step 1. Multiply 975 by 48
The answer you’ll get is $46,800

Step 2. Ask if paying $46,800 to drive a $51k car for 4 years makes sense to you

Step3: run from this deal or just buy the car

I live in NYC also and most of your “good deals” are not going to be in our area

3 Likes

Without down payment AKA cap cost reduction? So taxes and fees are still DAS?

Or does that mean $0 DAS?

You can confirm mf, rv, and rebates on edmunds forums. Seems like a lot of money for not much car. Are you set on the gv70? Have you considered others?

Don’t waste your time with any dealers around NYC because you will get clowned. I’m picking up my g70 tomorrow morning 3hr away in Maryland. The dealer down there has been amazing so far

1 Like

Haha, thank you for letting me know. I am also calling different dealers to get the numbers. One question tho: does MF change from month to month? One deal told he doesn’t have an MF at this moment for a car that’s coming early April…or he just doesn’t want to?

I did my research, but 99% of the info. I found was from mid last year, which has changed a bit now. The numbers are better last year. I do like the GV70 haha.

Thanks for the advice! I started to call dealers around CT, PA, and MA. Does your dealer have GV70 incoming, by any chance?

I know I’m not gonna take that deal. I want to finance because I want to switch to a hybrid or EV in the future. I also don’t know how Genesis as a brand is going to play out in the next few years.

Lease programs (residual, MF, and incentives) almost always change every month, at the beginning of the month

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.