Genesis G90 2019 edition

My annual genesis post for the small community of Korean luxury enthusiasts here,

The 5 figure lease cash is back on for G90’s (though it’s been close a few months) and there is dealer cash north of 3k for some regions. Dealers can apply more incentives in “coupons”. MF has 4 zeros in front of it. If you cast a wide net you can almost certainly get well under 1% (some members believe the rule is .75 for Korean, you might be able to get close).

24 months - Residuals low to mid 40’s
3.3 RWD/ AWD - $13,250,$14,250
5.0 RWD/ AWD - $12,750, $14,250

36-48 months - for 36 months high 30’s to 40%.
3.3 RWD/ AWD - $11,000,$12,000
5.0 RWD/ AWD - $11,000, $11,500

G90 sales through November are about 10% short of last years total, which was 50% of 2017’s sales, which makes sense with the expanded line up.

7-10% dealer discount with both the lease incentive and dealer cash gets you in a relatively nice spot. Works well as a lease to buy. (Year end bonus cash and competitive owner may stack additionally).

Happy Holiday LH and my fellow long-roofers.

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t Kia/Hyundai apply their incentives as a down payment (aka untaxed)? Makes the heavy lease/dealer cash even sweeter.

Down payment is same as incentives, cap reductions - which are taxed. I believe you’re thinking of dealer discount.

Might be getting the terms confused. But I could’ve sworn I read that theirs are untaxed incentives?

Wonder if any Hyundai/Kia rep can confirm.

Good God residuals in the 30’s even with 12K lease cash these aren’t going to be great.

1 Like

I wonder if it was 20% higher 3 years ago

1 Like

So what are hypothetical lease deals on say this:

https://www.genesisoforlandpark.com/new/Genesis/2019-Genesis-G90-77c781e80a0e0ae7370e1c36b7bfd50e.htm

I think you may be referring to dealer cash, which goes directly to the dealer. I’m pretty sure that is untaxed.

1 Like

Interestingly enough, the numbers/incentives were pretty close to this.

I’m assuming you’re the one with the latest post on Edmunds for numbers in IL. I’m in Skokie and I am looking for a G70, which also has some good numbers, but I’d be OK with a G90 :slight_smile: Let me know if you land on anything and I’ll keep you posted as well as to my progress as well.

1 Like

HA! To soon.

1 Like

you are looking for a dealer to do a dealer discount of 10%, apply lease incentive and dealer cash to get your purchase price around 49,000. I completed this deal in July of 18 and there were better deals on white exterior models.

2020 G90 is a very elegant sedan. Maybe it can be hacked into the 500s one day.

No. That wasn’t me. I’m located in northwest Indiana. I had a 2015 Hyundai Genesis ultimate, but it was totaled last week.

Stumbled on this and wanted to see. G90 likely too much for me. Curious what you are able to get on g70 or g80. Please keep me posted. Tell dealer we will work on a 2 for 1 if they get real aggressive.

Thanks,
Matt

That actually was me LMAO, I’m in Morton grove and was just curious as to the numbers. Trying to get out of my Infiniti g37X, constantly debating against SUV or another sport sedan.

I loved my genesis. But I too am considering another sedan or an suv.

What is the amount of dealer cash?

Curious to know why and what model you currently drive?
I have 2017 G90 lease and the 2020 of my first and mostly the only choice

I had a 2015 Hyundai Genesis ultimate