Genesis G70 lease

Hmm. Unfortunately I’m currently in a 2G data roaming world right now so I can’t pick it apart. Perhaps someone else can Evaluate in the mean time.

Fair enough! Thank you for the replies so far - I really appreciate it.

At this point I think my calculations are correct, I just need to find a way to determine a fair selling price.

I’m not sure where you got that sheet from, but it’s not a correct way to calculate a lease payment. There are several things missing.

As far as your payment shopping, I have no clue and no one else here will either. Use the leasehackr calculator and determine the % off MSRP you’d need to achieve the payment you want. Search Kia/Edmunds/whatever forums to find out if its reasonable or not. Contact local dealers and offer them your terms. No need to reinvent the wheel…

2 Likes

Hey Chris,

I made the sheet. I’m aware it might not be correct, which is why I’m asking. I’m not trying to reinvent the wheel, just trying to learn.

Could you be more specific about what is missing from my calculations?

Your residual value is incorrect. Residual value is percentage of MSRP, not cap cost. Otherwise, your basic math is correct, you’re just missing some of fees and such that add on to your cap cost/are covered in drive offs.

You can check your answers here:

Residual is wrong, rebates are taxed, didn’t feel like going through it in more detail after that. Just use the leasehackr calc, it’s accurate within pennies. Honestly you’re wasting your own time and everyone else’s time trying to fix this sheet. There’s plenty of internet resources out there if you really want to make your own spreadsheet.

The best thing to do is to get quotes from local dealers on in-stock units, get the full details from them, then come back here.

2 Likes

That is SUPER helpful! Thank you!

This is not as helpful. You’re kind of a jerk.

You might want to check this out: https://forum.leasehackr.com/guidelines

I’m still learning, and I’m doing my best. There’s no need to act the way you are. If you didn’t want to help…then why did you comment?

Personally I find it hilarious that they even sent this quote… No dealer discount? Yeah right.

Buying experience at H/K is never gonna change if they don’t reign their dealers in which is the real killer on cars of this type. As we’ve seen time and again if people feel the dealer has their satisfaction at heart and makes them feel like more than just a bag of money, most will pay a premium for this.

1 Like

Which one of us is name calling? I’m really curious which guideline I violated. Stop the personal attacks now. Likewise, if you don’t like a comment posted, you don’t need to react negatively to it and call names. Basic life lesson.

I actually gave you much more helpful info but okay :rofl: enjoy working with Kia dealers if what I said bothered you that much.

6 Likes

Hey OP,

You should try getting the selling price discounted first. The reason why the deal was bad is because they are basing all of this off of the MSRP. Even if every other factor is right, if it’s calculated off the MSRP, it’s not a good deal. Try to get a lower selling price that $52K (Maybe 10% off) and then start from there.

Genesis doesn’t give 10% off on the G70. Ain’t happening, nobody has gotten that. The money factor is really low and the residuals kind of suck. But it’s still cheaper by a bunch than a C43, m340i, or S4 and arguably a better overall car…

It’s a nice car but nicer overall? Please make that argument to prove that case. I just don’t see it.Also from everything we’ve seen from this forum and peoples experience yes it’s cheaper than a C43 but it is actually more expense then an S4 and the M340i.

They are all amazing vehicles sure to make anybody happy. But as to my claim, don’t take my word for it… Car and Driver agrees. I drove all of the above. The C43 leases are a joke right now and it drives so rough. Then there are the interior rattles. I know because I owned one. The m340i is a nice car but still doesn’t feel connected to the road although sightly better than the last gen 3 series. And despite a few random deals it is nowhere near the cost of a Genesis. BMW Dave quoted me 850/mo for a decently equipped one on his lot with 2k drive off. I’m paying 40% less than that for a better equipped G70 with half as much drive off. And the interior is way nicer than the bmw with it’s plastic shift area (yuck).

S4 isn’t even close when comparatively equipped. And style is a personal taste thing but the S4 looks like a Jetta to me.

I chose the Genesis for style, value, and a little uniqueness. I like it more than my C43.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g15379432/small-entry-level-luxury-cars/

Still think the S4 is a better overall package. The only advantage is the price point.

2 Likes

From what I’ve read and hear from others, the G70 handles better and objectively looks better. I own an SQ5 and ill say that Audis look boring. Elegant but boring.

Why is the general consensus that S4’s are more expensive? Ive seen deals on the forum from 550/mo to 650/mo with tax included for a premium plus S4.

S4 is faster and the interior is higher quality. And it has that gorgeous virtual cockpit.

1 Like

S4 had $5250 in lease cash in South Florida in July. I wonder what it will be in August.

That’s a beautiful bmw, sweet ride, and incredible deal all rolled into one! If I could’ve scored a deal like that I would’ve had a hard time deciding. But I’m happy with my G70 at 75/mo less and that everywhere I go people ask what kind of car that is :slight_smile:

As I said earlier, every car mentioned in this thread is simply badass! I love them all! I wish I could just rotate them each month haha

1 Like