Genesis 2019 G70 2.0T Dyanmic deal $365/365 DAS

So true. The residual is miserable

This is what one dealer sent me. So I turned around and leased a $44k bolt for $249 with 0 down. The g70 is still on the lot.

Between the incentive, conquest and dealer cash there was almost 10k worth of incentives but they only wanted to pass them along to me off of MSRP

I think you tried to shop the payment and if you give a low number, they donā€™t take you seriously. You have to hold their hand and start with the dealer discount. If you goto r/askcarsales, you will see a few of sales folks barely made it out of high-school, math isnā€™t everyoneā€™s strong suit. Focus on the discount, not the monthly!!

3 Likes

I gave them a break down, not just a number. I gave the discount I was trying to achieve, MF and residual along with incentives. I even got a couple quotes and shared with other dealers to beat themā€¦ They simply were not competitive in MI, OH and IN.

Great point. Focus on the discount of the car. The issue seems to be that they say they lose money under invoice. We all know isnt true. The thing that confuses me is these lots have 12+ 2019s on their lot. Shouldnā€™t let be ready to clear it out? Befuddledā€¦

Heard the same thingā€¦ you cant get a $45k car for 360.

Iā€™ve been told I canā€™t get a 60k car for 450, and yet here I am. Thatā€™s besides the point.
I had the same issue with Genesis dealers in socal for G80. Got offended if you ask for anything under invoice.
On a side note, BMW invoice is 6% and Holdback (volume dealers) can be 5%, so you can get 11% easy, even 12-13% if you are lucky. For Lexus, not hard to hit 12-13% discounts but no idea about holdback. If there are any insider folks that can share Genesis structure, that would be great!

Holdback is survey, promo, and volume monies and is never guaranteed, but yes generally 9-11% is all the money aside from interest markup and product.

2 Likes

Well I suppose this answers my question. I started looking into a G70 now. Base 2.0T AWD, MSRP of $38k. Iā€™m looking at $8,500 worth of incentives. When I plug numbers into the calc, even if they only discounted 6% off MSRP before incentives the payments wouldnā€™t be more than around $350. But obviously they are refusing to do this??

That is exactly what I encountered. That is why i has asked earlier if Genesis is controlling or restricting how much dealers can discount. Everyone of them really refused to drop their price. I found a loaner 19ā€™ G70 with under 5k miles that def would have been a great deal but they said it was only available to purchase, even though other 19ā€™s could be leased.

I believe that dealers are seeing too much activity on these models and are hoping to get ā€œrookiesā€ to bite on just the advertised incentives.

Happened to me multiple times when they just offer 1 of the multiple available incentives hoping I would be amazed at the YUGE discount I was gettingā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

The number of people who donā€™t understand discount or how a lease structure works is ridiculous. What annoys me more is salespeople not understanding how lease structure worksā€¦

1 Like

So sales ppl like to play good cop bad cop game. But i usse it all as a part of the game. If they start with crazy amount for the selling price or lease payment, i go crazy low and when they ask or go like thats too low and feel offended, I say if you can expect me to take your MSRP plus Mark up offer seriously and not be offended, I can expect the same from you. :joy:

2 Likes

lol but thats one way to not get a deal from a dealer. Mostly in my experience, If the number is sooo high that its not even worth discussing further, iā€™l just ignore and move on with my life. Plenty of fish in the sea

1 Like

Agreed. But sometimes it helps to make them realize that I am what they call an ā€œinformedā€ buyer and they scale back on the antics. #whypplhatecartransactions šŸ¤¦

Tell them then sorry to hear that, I guess you wonā€™t be able to sell your 45k car. Have a nice day!!

Or Iā€™m not trying to get the 45k car for 360/monthā€¦Iā€™m trying to get 45k car which will have a 25k RV after 3 years for 360/month. :joy:

1 Like

This is hilarious and somehow the perfect response. Though Iā€™m afraid that the sophisticated seller wont appreciate the nuance of such a great joke

The sophisticated seller shouldnā€™t give you this answer to begin with lol

One thing I have noticed, Hyundai may have made Genesis into a luxury brand but the dealerships still operate it like a Hyundai dealership. And I havenā€™t seen many sophisticated Hyundai dealerships lol

Iā€™m not sure what this even means. I spent a total of 20 minutes in the dealership when I bought mine. What would a more premium buying experience look like? When I bought a Mercedes all the sales staff wore suits and acted a little uppity. The genesis guy was in a polo, presumably because he just sold an elantra. My only Genesis service experience involved them picking the car up at my house and dropping it off when they were done. So, what am I missing out on?

I donā€™t like Mercedes so never been to one of their dealerships but I have been to multiple Acura & Lexus dealerships where the communication style and experience you receive is different from the Hyundai, Kia dealerships you get.

The difference comes as theyā€™re selling both a mass market car and a luxury car at the same time. Itā€™s hard to flip the switch in a minute.

This is one of the reasons Hyundai wants Genesis to have separate dealership.

Good timing but yours is an exception not the general trend.

I wish all dealerships were 20 mins in & out transactions.

1 Like