General Volvo XC90 AWD Inscription Questions

Hi, I’ve been lurking around this forum for a few weeks, and been to several Volvo dealers. I’ve been told a few things, that I’d like to confirm here, as many of the superstars seem to be really into Volvo.

• The dealer says XC90 has terrible RV and MF so it’s not worth leasing. The best likelihood of getting the lowest monthly cost will be to finance the vehicle.

• The dealer is discounting the MSRP by 7% or 8%. The incentives from last year are long gone and there are no options to get back to those discounts (Costco, A-Plan, Conquest, Loyalty). There are no discounts right now.

• Basically, now is a bad time to buy. Wait until the summer for the 2019s to come in to get any decent deals.

I went in the last week of the year in 2017, hoping there were some monthly or yearly quotas I could help them reach, but they were not interested at all in negotiating. What gives? Is volvo pricing simply a timing issue?

Lurker as well. Working on an XC90 lease without much luck so far in South Florida. However, they are offering A-Plan here.

From March on deals will start getting better. But a-plan is still available and MF/RV shouldn’t be that bad now.

I guess we wait until march then.

I’m pretty much in the same boat. Just waiting it out until the deals get better… or going to move on something else that works.

Same here, let’s wait … revert back to this tread if we see something

Following and waiting as well.

See you guys in March, hopefully with shiny new XC90s!

When new Volvo cars typically come out? Will 2019’s hit the lot in April-May?

I went in for a few minutes to take a peek… Not ready to jump yet so I didnt want to waste too much time. on a 56k t5 awd momentum they started with 780/month…I laughed, told them i know the xc90 isnt selling well and i’d just go get a range rover sport…He goes “hold on”, comes back saying they took 6500 off the car and we are at 675…

No RV or MF were discussed, but as you can see they clearly are having a hard time selling. Beautiful car though

I actually thought that they’re selling quite well, maybe not though. I know that the XC60 is selling well, which is also very nice!

July, but can order before.

Looking at a 2019 XC90 Inscription T6. MSRP is $68380. Dealer (Volvo of Manhattan) says there are no incentives for 2019 but has given us $1000 off plus $750 for A Plan. We’re looking at $882/month for a 39 month lease/12K miles per year. Downpayment is first month plus taxes, tags and fees (but totaling about $6500 all in). Dealer is claiming RV of 56% and MF of .00165. Based on prior posts, this seems high but not a lot of info for 2019. Is there any more room to bring it down? Dealer says only way to do so is to look at 2018 but they don’t have the exact specs we want.

1k off MSRP on ANY Volvo is laughable. You have a-plan that automatically gives you 6% off (invoice). Go outside of NYC. What exactly is included in that 6.5k DAS? Down payment?
39/12: .00165/56% - crazy, almost 4% interest.

1 Like

Find other dealers with 2018s

You’ll almost never find a deal inside NYC+LI

I seriously doubt there’s A-plan on any 2019 Volvo yet. I think Volvo of Manhattan is telling you A-Plan and giving you $1,750 off MSRP instead (A-Plan would be less). The MF and RV matches the west coast lease program, though. The dealer should have about a $3,500 margin between invoice and MSRP on a 2019, and it might be a bit early to dig into the holdback and support money with much savagery. The only incentive I would expect to be available on that model would be the $500 loyalty rebate, if you’ve had a Volvo or SAAB in your name or registered by anybody to your home address within the last 6 months.

A-Plan (on a 2018) would be roughly 6% off MSRP (not invoice) + advertising - incentives - $750 A-Plan Elite bonus ($1,500 for the rare A-Plan VIP).

Thanks to all. @Ursus, the money down includes:

Sales Tax U$ 3,239.00
Bank fee U$ 995.00
First Month’s Payment U$ 882.00
DMV U$ 350.00
Processing fee U$ 75.00
NY Inspection U$ 10.00
Tire waste management fee (NY) 12.50
Capital Cost Reduction U$ 1,000.00

The only A-Plan discount I’m getting is $750 off MSRP. I think the additional $1,000 is probably the loyalty discount even though we are not current Volvo owners but they are saying that is the only other incentive they have to offer. The dealer seems to have a very take it or leave it attitude even though he started out saying he would “work with us.”

@max_g, I have been looking around for other 2018s and there are not a lot available in any of the dealers within 50 miles.

Thanks.

Try expanding your radius to 100 or 150 if you can

Hire @nyclife or @Benedetto and avoid a headache and save time. And don’t go back to Manhattan, anyway. Also, there probably no a-plan $750 on 2019, like 3.7 said.