General question on advertised lease offers

Noob lease question

I am in the process of leasing a Cadillac lyric. There is an ongoing 439/month lease on the lyric base model. When a manufacturer advertises a lease like this one, does this number assume that the lessee qualifies for all other optional offers? For instance, qualifying for an ongoing conquest cash or costco offer? I would assume these are over and above the advertised lease and should make the lease even lesser.

The dealer implies that coming to this advertised number does include applying all these optional discounts.
Current Offers, Deals, Specials and Incentives

I am very confused by what the dealer is saying.

1 Like

5000$ down, before applying your states tax and titling fees would make a lot of payments very low!

1 Like

Those two rebates - if available in your zip and the model desired- would reduce your “money down” by 4000$- if^ those rebates aren’t stipulated as mandatory to get the advertised payment in the ad-

I would actually qualiy for almost $9k in incentives that is not mandated in this offer… (2* 2k lease cash incentive, $3k conquest, $1k Costco + $1k GM supplier EV incentive ). I was hoping all these would bring down the lease, but the numbers arent event better than the advertised lease.

1 Like

Ya- haven’t seen 9k in ccr on a lyriq unless someone has the Lyriq Private offer mailer from GM- good luck out there!

1 Like

Have you worked out what the advertised lease special actually is? It isn’t $439/mo with $4889 das.

1 Like

Have you seen other lyric thread? Search those, replicate their number and start sending offers to your dealer

Learn how to use the LH calc and put a target payment/DAS together using the Wiki on this site.

You want to be very specific about what OP should replicate: the dealer discount, not the resulting monthly payment.

2 Likes

That sounds about right

I saw that Lyriq thread and sent a message to the dealer with the details… Waiting to hear from them. I am not even focussing on the dealer discount for now… Once they come up with the lease numbers, I will push on that. For now, they are way off.

This is super back-assward.

Use the dealer discounts you have researched to establish a target lease deal and offer that. Asking them how much they want you to pay is a waste of time.

1 Like

Alright, I understand. Essentially, dealerships in my vicinity aren’t providing any discounts. I’d have to travel two hours away to find a reasonable discount, but even then, the dealer mentioned it would only apply to financing, not leasing.

Then keep searching. These cars are lot anchors, and you’ll find dealers willing to move them.

What area are you in?

Rebates can be conditional (some apply to purchases; some leases).

But dealer discount is purely discretionary on behalf of the dealer and can be applied anywhere. They can discount a car by thousands of dollars or mark it up by thousands.

1 Like

Are you basing this off of offers you’ve made, offers they’ve made, or what they have advertised?

1 Like

Offers they have made and advertised. But, learning fromthe suggestions in this thread, I have now switched to providing what I am expecting the lease numbers to be given the incentives… Waiting for responses.

Also, if you make the offer. Be willing to follow through today. Not be wishy washy and tell them you’ll think about it or shop around more.

1 Like

My situation is a little nuanced. I am running on a time constraint and hence the rush. I hold a 2024 Rivian R1S Launch edition Lease offer with a confirmed delivery date in the next 2 weeks… This is a pretty solid deal after applying my pre hike lease offer. However, this is our second car and will be for my wife who prefers a smaller car, but ok with a Rivian if we can’t get a good deal elsewhere. Essentially, I am trying to get a get a good deal before we take delivery of the Rivian. Truth be told, I’m torn between going for the Rivian or sticking with the smaller car preference. But yes, I will follow through if its a good deal.

A Lyriq? That’s your choice for a smaller car?