General question about prepaid maintenance plan

Hi
I brought a car from Mercedes c300 fromAudi dealer . I know that car have prepaid maintenance from 1st owner ( as per conversation With service center from Mercedes) and now I need regular maintenance and they said that prepaid maintenance wont be transferred and I need to pay $1200 out if pocket for my 20K milage regular service
Question

1. Is that first owner prepared maintenance transfer to me ( its not regular warranty it’s prepaid maintenance that first owner paid extra)
  2. Is $1200 a normal price for 20k regular service
    Thank you for your help
    Car model 2020 C300

Edit : it was prepaid maintenance thats first owner paid not extended warranty sorry for confusion

Service/maintenance has nothing to do with any warranty plans.

Ok thanks for info

Check into prepaid maintenance plans from Mercedes

Thats the plan we have ( from first owner)

You said it was extended warranty so I assume that is not prepaid maintenance. It is one or the other

If you have prepaid maintenance then the service should be covered

Yah it is prepaid maintenance…( sorry about wording) but how come reputable dealers service center is lying about that it wont transfer… also I cant find any official documents that shows it will transfer in website of Mercedes

Apparently it only transfers if vehicle sold in private sale ( not bought from dealer)

1 Like

No, this is massively overpriced.

What’s included in the service? A $100 oil change and a $250 brake fluid flush, and the rest is just “check this check that”?

Go to a reputable independent mechanic.

1 Like

Either go to independent mechanic or look into buying a new prepaid maintenance plan through Mercedes

I don’t know if it’s still the case, but, once upon a time, you could not purchase MB pre-paid maintenace after a certain point (and car already having had a first service would be one of those inflection points).

1 Like

As far as I know, the 20k maintenance at MB is what they call service B and the outright cost varies from model to model. I assume a service B on a C Class is on the lower end of the spectrum. A data point from the S Class is that it costs about $800 so your quoted $1200 is massively overinflated on a C300. Also the prepaid maintenance only makes sense when you lease so it can be residualized. If you have limited MB service centers in your local vicinity, definitely search for reputable independent mechanics who will do the same for a fraction of the cost.

Edit: Another thing to look for if you do have competing dealerships in the area, is their specials that they list on their respective websites. They sometimes have promos that you can take advantage of.