Gas Shortage on East Coast

Except most gas stations in those area are required to have generators and they have plenty gas to power them

1 Like
1 Like

Went to Costco in Woodland Hills yesterday. Gas lines, which are normally pretty modest/non-existent at that location, nearly went to the street.

My guess was it was a combination of fear of shortage spreading to CA and when gas gets above $4.00 the pain is too great and people go to Costco to pay $3.79. Which is funny because they’re almost always about 30 cents cheaper!

Cheapest way to fill up is buying gift cards at Ralph’s, and getting $1.00/gallon fuel rewards at Shell or, even better, the rare Ralph’s gas station.

Is there real shortage or is another news manufactured bullshit to sell ad space? Went to run a few errands yesterday, gas stations are operating normally, prices are high but don’t seem out of whack with what they were to begin with (although I barely drive lately so for all I know there is a huge jump in prices), no lines, not fights, nothing. This is central NJ by the way.

In the Midwest, we don’t have a supply shortage, but I expected some increased demand from the Facebook scares.

Was running close to empty returning from work yesterday evening, stopped at costco, only 3 of us there to fill up.

Definitely real - just not in NJ. I have friends in NC and VA that haven’t been able to find gas for the past two days. Hell one of them drove down to Wilmington and is now stranded there until he can find gas.

1 Like

helps that we have our own refineries and don’t have to rely on thousands of miles of pipeline to bring us refined petrochemicals.

3 Likes

3 out of 4 gas stations are out in my area. People were told not to panic but did anyways.

1 Like

Setting a nice precedent

Yah the precendent of hiring an incompetent IT director and how backups are really important.

You are right, I forgot that NJ has refineries.

That’s like ultimate way to make everyone panic. People will be completely calm, until someone from the government decides to point out that there is no reason for concern :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, if we trying to remain calm:

1 Like

yes, sadly. Pipeline has been up and running manually since early this week People created a problem with panic buying. Now we have to wait for all these trucks to distribute gas to stations which could last a couple weeks and on top of that gas prices will continue to climb.

2 Likes

Just make us all more reliant on the power grid for the next cyber attack lol

The Russian hackers to the tune of 20% of the $5M ransom paid, likely to an acct controlled by the Russian Gov’t. Funny thing is, they will have obviously left backdoors, so they can likely hack back in whenever they want another payday.

1 Like

It’s not a gas shortage. It’s an over abundance of stupid.

5 Likes

Wow, this just illustrates the conversation I was having with @spockvr6

5 Likes

He needs it for the generator he uses to charge it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Might be for their other vehicle.

If you need to tow a heavy trailer, EV’s aren’t quite there yet regarding energy storage.

Those cans full of gas probably worth 1k right now

1 Like