Garage Floor Coatings

Looks great!!
$3 sq ft is a good savings over the quotes you received. Start to finish how much time do you estimate you put into the project, even considering have to pick up and drop off rental equipment?

I would say around 12-14 hours with 3/4 of that being floor prep. I wasn’t in a rush and since I had the equipment I went back and touched up spots the next day, likely doing more than required.

1 Like

1+ year update for anyone that cares…

Floor has held up great, this stuff is the real deal and well worth the price over the cheap water based systems. No tire peeling or chipping whatsoever. Plenty of tools droppped and liquid spilled, no problems. Nothing but compliments when people see it, everyone asks who did it.

Slip resistance: I added the non slip grit to the top coat which has been fine when wet, however, I hosted a family party back in the winter when outside Temps were in the 40s with tables set up in the garage. The heat from inside and the bodies created a condensation on the floor and it felt like an ice skating rink, very dangerous. I called armorpoxy and told them about the situation and they recommend either adding another top coat with more non slip or adding a coat of ballistix which is some new non slip coating.

Ballistix was the easier option as I only needed to clean the floor and apply with a microfiber mop and sprayer. It made a noticeable difference when wet, zero slip.

2 Likes

It looks nice and I hope it stays that way. The previous owner in our home put a coating down a year before we bought it, 7 years ago. The floor was fine until about 3 years ago and then started chipping. Now we constantly have pieces working our way into the house, not to mention it looks bad. I’m not stripping it.

My point is, with so many things that require maintenance on a home, I just don’t get why making a concrete floor potentially require maintenance.

1 Like