GA buyer in need of 2 leases after Kia engine blew. Is this possible?

Hello community.

This is my first post. I need a little guidance in getting 2 leases. I need a 7 seater suv and was looking at a highlander my husband also needs a car and he was interested in a camry. The issue is we just spent 8k on a new engine for our blown kia, unfortunately kia was not willing to pay us or reimburse us at all.

The car is paid off which is why we thought to just get the engine, but now 5 months later it seems we are no closer to getting that car fixed due the shortage and everyone having the same issue we are with thier kias.

Anyway we are not able to keep waiting and to be honest we don’t even think the car will be safe even after repaired, so we need 2 new cars and need 0 down leases. We need a really good lease deal or deals. How likely is it to get 2 leases at the same time or shortly after another?

We live in GA and are able to pay about 650-700 a month for both leases. How realistic is this to find? Thanks! :confused:

600-700 for Both? HAHAHAHAHAHA

7seater suv? Not even 700
Camry? Probably by itself.

A Min lease for $0 Down is at least 400 and that’s for a corolla.

3 Likes

:weary: ugh… Thanks!

Though if you Special Order a Pacifica PHEV and get it delivered before 12/31, you can get that in for the best price right now, but I believe that’s the 6s for $0.

Also the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe, but that won’t make 12/31 I believe.

Thanks for the advice. This is a hard pill to swallow though. From paying off our Kia the same week the engine blew to now having to pay 600 a month or more for 1 car and maybe double for 2. Ouch… looks like were stuck with this Kia.

How old is the kia, is it still in warranty? Possibly any of these

• 2012-2013 Kia Sorento
  • 2012-2015 Kia Forte
  • 2012-2015 Kia Forte Koup
  • 2011-2013 Kia Optima Hybrid
  • 2014-2015 Kia Soul
  • 2012 Kia Sportage

It doesn’t sound like OP is in the financial situation to get these more expensive cars. Pacific PHEV and JGC 4xe are quite expensive and more than gas versions or competitors even with the tax credit.

2014 Kia Optima. No we are not under warranty, but was included in one of the class action settlements, however we were not notified. Kia says “its a hard No” they will not cover it. Because we didn’t do the product up date that we were Not aware of. They admitted the the notices were returned to them undeliverable which is od ld because we’ve lived at our address for 10 years. So that’s, that.

2 Likes

Bummer… at around that mark your best bet might be to lease some Tacomas from @Jrouleau426

He had some access cab sr5 and trd sport Tacomas for 375/mo + tax tags msds plus shipping from PA. All in that’s probably the closest to where you want to be rn unless anyone else has some suggestions.

1 Like

This is unfortunately not realistic in todays market. You’ll need to finance something used.

Do you have any equity in your Kia?

A kia with a Blown Engine? You should be saying how much is the Salvage worth.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll check that out it could work for one of us. We did need a 7 seater with hubby and I and 2 kiddio plus elderly parent. Just not comfortable or practical any longer with booster seats and carseats and such. A van would be fine also, but seems to about the same price as suv which just look better, but at this point we cant really focus of looks, style, or features. Lol

Well the 4th engine (long story) is ordered. When it will come is anyones guess. I had 107,000 miles new engine has 52,000 with 6 month warranty. So weve looked up 2014 Optimas with over 100k miles and it seems like we could mybe get 6-8 on KBB if i recall.

Honestly in your situation, find a used car right now. there is nothing worthly of leasing that will fill your need of 2 + Parent + Child and be in the range you want.

See if you can find an old Hyundai still in Warranty (10 yrs on those)

I’m at 650/mo 48/10 on a highlander lease. Tax tags included. Camry is 500ish

If your husband can do a Tacoma I can have him under 400 all in.

1 Like

Well we cant really do a down payment due to the repairs on the Kia. It would take a pretty good while to save back up to be honest.

Oh really 10ys. Wow!

Don’t repair your Kia. Putting 8k into an engine of a car that you think will be worth 6-8k after repairs is nuts. Just scrap it and buy a used car with that money- then get a new reliable car with the payment you had in mind for both.

1 Like

Oh okay… Thanks for checking it out. I’d have to let him know about the possibility of a Tacoma, but the suv cant work at all. Just way too much

So you already spent the 8K but the engine hasn’t been installed yet? Or you’ve agreed to spend 8K when the engine arrives?

I think after the engine is replaced, the vehicle should be fine. Presumably they have corrected whatever problem caused all of those engines to fail. Also, it makes me nervous when I see a used car ad and the person says they just replaced the engine/transmission in the last 3 months and are now selling. [Why did you spend all that money just to dump the car - makes me think there is something else going on with it.] If you don’t want to keep the KIA I would try to get out of your engine order and sell the car on FB marketplace with a blown engine, then start your vehicle search from scratch.

2 Likes