G70 3.3T Lease Review CA

California

Looked at my deal closer MF .00165 asked finance manager. 3 years 36 months 15k miles 2022 3.3T standard model. MSRP 44k plus 2K in dealer add ons. Total 46k Discount 4K. Sales price $42K

$2600 drive off & payment 475 plus tax a month.

1 Like

Any incentives? If not, Kia must have slapped a pretty high residual on the car.

It’s a Genesis not Kia. Residual was .67 no other discounts or incentives I know of from deal papers. This is the G70 2022 don’t think they are doing incentives. They might be on the old model 2021. Watch

Yikes, I totally meant Genesis and had my wires crossed. 67% RV is pretty damn good, especially if you got 15k miles a year.

1 Like

Yeah just verified paperwork the residual value is $28,166 on $42k or about .67.

I really think they are doing better deals in parts of CA than other parts of the country on these G70. But you guys are the experts just bringing my deal here to get more opinions.

For a luxury sedan 67% RV over 3 years is pretty damn high. The 3 series is currently in the high 50s, A4 is high 40s / low 50s. C Class is mid 50s. I’m not sure what the ‘standard’ percent off of MSRP you can expect to get with a Genesis G70, nor do I know of what incentives are lined up for the car, but it feels like a pretty solid deal in this current climate.

Residual is calculated from MSRP not selling price. I doubt you got 67% with 15k miles. Edmunds shows residuals for the 3.3 engine are 67% for 10k miles and 66% for 12k miles. A residual of 28166 on an MSRP of 44000 works out to 64%, which makes more sense for 15k miles.

Don’t know the breakdown of your DAS/fees, but this should be pretty close to your situation.

Calculator link

2 Likes

Thanks for the calculator think the final MSRP was 46K after dealer add ons and residual is about 62 percent after tweaking the numbers a bit on your calculator my deal looks closer to this as below give or take 15 bucks.

Dealer add ons do not increase the msrp. The msrp is what the msrp is. It’s listed on your window sticker.

If they added $2k in bs add ons and then gave you $4k off, you only got a $2k discount.

2 Likes

Ok thanks than it’s .64 residual as stated above.

That’s the most insane RV I’ve ever seen for a sport sedan in this segment for the mileage.

There’s no incentive money because genesis is subvening the absolute sh*t out of these cars.

With these numbers, the GV70 is the new 3-series.

6 Likes

I’m thinking the exact same thing. 64RV% on 15k miles is absolutely insane. I wonder if they are the same on the 4 cylinder base models as well; this is M340 type car for 330i money these days.

Woooooah am I reading that right? 64% RV on 15K miles?!?!?!? The G70 was not original on my shopping list to replace my 2019 Volvo S60 come Dec '21/Jan '22, but now it should be. Idk how replicable this sort of deal would be in my market (Miami/South FL) but it’s worth a shot. At 67% RV, I can definitely look past the half analog, half digital gauge cluster which is my main pet peeve. How do you like the car as an owner? Like the posters said above me, that’s an M340i type car (class I’m targeting with Audi S4 sedan, S5 coupe, and Volvo S60 T8 Polestar Engineered even though they removed the paddle shifters smh) for entry level $$$. Great job!!!

I’ve had 5 straight BMW. 330 coupe
430XI Gran Coupe
This V6 genesis is priced like the old 328 and has phenomenal power and features. It has self drive as well.

It feels like BMW is up selling inline 4 engines and everyone has been OK. And making V6 a speciality item. Many of the reviews have been awful comparing G70 to cars not $15k more but like $25K more making it compared to a car thats 30 to 40 percent more which is a different segment. It really feels like reviewers are coddling the dealers they borrow from. The top end launch G70 $55k is comparable to a $80k BMW and the car I have easily is comparable to a standard M340 at $65k that still has to be ordered. It’s ridiculous.

The big issue with Genesis is their inventory appears to be in Florida and California if you look on Cars.com you can search nationally. Many of dealers in other parts of America have one or two cars marked up as loss leaders to get people in the door. The car I have with dune interior and all white hardtop 3.3T is one of very few being sold. They seem to have made the wrong colors their normal a black with a lot of red including seatbelts, and a near white to make it look like a Tesla both not my cup of tea.

Are you including tax in the calculator? Your original post stated $475 + tax. Also is this RWD or AWD?

As said above in the calculator thats pretax total is about $510.

MF doesn’t seem correct:

AWD: .00174 MF and 64% residual
RWD: .00175 MF and 64% residual

1 Like

The finance director pulled it up in front of me and read it off screen. :man_shrugging:t6: He could have been wrong but that’s what he read and I had him verify it.

It would be interesting to see a deal sheet on this one. Thinking the actual calculator should look like this when you use MSRP of $44,000.

2 Likes

Your post made me dig the MSRP was $42k destination, floor mats etc made it $44k. Then the dealer add ons door guard and LoJack type
System took it to $46k.

Under what you said the residual of $28,166 would be against the MRP $42k making the residual 67% correct?

Here’s a similar sticker. But I went to 3 Genesis dealers and they all add another $2k or more for the monitoring and door guard which you could of course negotiate out of the deal.