Funniest/most ridiculous dealer replies you've ever gotten

Had a Jeep dealer today tell me on a phone call after I said email only…guy says, “$1k over msrp on that 4xe you inquired about and we cant keep them on the lot!” Its been there for 42 days. I replied, ok I will just order one from a place that honors my TL code and gives a proper discount. He then says “but it takes about 12 weeks to get one in and you wont get that tax credit of $7500 on them because that expires next month!”
:crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

20k miles PER YEAR???

3 Likes

Yes. My wife and I do a lot of driving. I leased a 2019 Tacoma back in September 2019 for 2 years/15K per year (knowing Toyota only charges $.15 per mile to go over) and am going to hit 37,000 miles on my way to work tomorrow.

My wife’s 2017 Pilot (financed) that’s close to 3 1/2 years older has almost 69,000 miles on it.

3 Likes

Update: stopped by service as I needed a front license plate mounted (car came from a non front license plate state and I didn’t want to drill my car). I did in fact eat some food and have some coffee despite the sales guy attempt to tell me it’s not allowed. Spread was decent. Still not $130 a month decent

11 Likes

Ford has 20k mile a year leases lol.

2 Likes

Just go over to BMW and mooch on their food. They have a “chef” there that cooks food (mostly sandwiches, paninis, etc.). The sales/service staff don’t like it, but the owners sees it as charity for people who didn’t buy their car there.

3 Likes

I think the best food offerings I’ve seen from a dealer is at Galpin JLR/Aston/Lincoln in socal. They have a full on Starbucks in the showroom.

Of course, the Galpin Ford across the street has a full on diner

5 Likes

This dealer in CT also has a Diner:

https://www.papasjeepram.com/papas-pit-stop-diner/

Yah, but do they have a $39.99 lobster and filet dish on their menu?

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but something tells me the food pictures on that page are stock photos.

2 Likes

Just googled it, I’m going to be honest, that’s the most interesting thing I’ve seen a diner attatched to this week.
:chocolate_bar:

3 Likes

I can see typical Aston buyers sneering their noses at the tackiness of it all

If memory serves, the astons get their own floor in the dealership with a vault for your car to keep the plebeians away

2 Likes

Wth… Porsche dealer near me just has bottled water (barely), with some Kirkland-branded snacks.

Everyone knows the worse the selection is, the better the deals. So probably some good deals coming out of that dealer.

4 Likes

I’ve been to that Galpin…I don’t recall there being any FREE food or drink…the Starbucks may had even had higher prices than usual.

And, knowing Galpin’s reputation, I highly doubt they even give tap water out for free.

I’ve had them give me free Starbucks while shopping. I think the salesmen get a certain number of vouchers to use.

1 Like

Free Starbucks? They’re giving away the store!

1 Like

I got a free buick for a weekend…unlimited miles and free tank o gas…from them.

They didn’t seem to be particularly competitive, pricewise, on any of their cars…but I didn’t try too hard.

Years ago, I leased my wife’s Lincoln mkc from there. They were very price competitive on it.

I’ve tried to lease a few cars from them since and didn’t have as much luck