Funniest/most ridiculous dealer replies you've ever gotten

Got this one today

“We’re all in on this end. Is there any cash you can throw in on your end?”

3 Likes

Just curious but how far apart are you?

1 Like

This is a separate car, but saw that on an email. About 1% dealer discount off and I walked them through that, but more importantly they didn’t apply my incentives either by ignorance or hid it in the 3% discount they were showing.

Overall $2000 apart or about 15 percent of the total lease cost, of which 1500 or so was my rebates they didn’t apply.

And I was clear in my offer, detailed the rebates and asked for an additional 1% dealer discount than their 3% advertised dealer discount) and to apply my full rebate/incentive.

He countered with a deal that was 2000-2200 more and asked if I could put down cash the make the payments match.

If they came back with a final offer that was only $1k more instead, would you take it?

I would take it if they didn’t give me their 500 discount but kept my incentives, that would be an extra 15.

I know what you’re getting at, but yes I would take it as above and no I wouldn’t take it at a 1000 apart because half of that was factory money that I qualified for.

you should have told him, “see you tomorrow”.

I’d reply, “I’m happy to throw in any cash from your wallet on my lease. So let me know when I can pick my new whip!”

1 Like

Got an email ad from a Lexus dealer about “Lexus Stimulus Checks”…

Reaction GIF

1 Like

Sorry, funniest was last week with a $620 lease payment quoted on a Cx-9 GT. Me: yeah, can you please include the MF and residuals on that quote? Never did get a response.

I’m sure it was just first pencil.

I wanted to add: I’m not here to pay the vagina tax, my good sir.

4 Likes

The first pencil is one pencil too many.

6 Likes

This is classic @littlemisszoom
Are you still in the market for a CX-9 GT, if so where you at?

1 Like

More depressing than funny.

Walked into the Porsche dealership today. As I was walking up to the door I see three salesman standing and talking to each other, as I open the door and walk in all three look, then proceed to turn around and go different directions.

I look down to make sure I don’t have my zipper down or something else embarrassing, after about 30 seconds I turned around and walked out. They obviously didn’t think I was worth their time.

I guess the funny part is that the owner of the dealership lives two houses down from me, I am guessing he is not going to enjoy this story tomorrow.

14 Likes

Or maybe the culture starts from the top.

3 Likes

You’re probably better off speaking with the owner first, then heading to the dealership!

I see him on my morning runs. We talk about the neighborhood here and there, but wouldn’t feel comfortable asking about a car.

I am tempted to tell him about this when I see him tomorrow.

In all honesty I wasn’t even there for me, my father wants a cayanne. He couldn’t care less about a deal he just wants something asap. All they probably had to do was say hi, and as long as they had something available, they would have made a sale.

4 Likes

He Did.

Update he didn’t buy at a 5% discount at the time.

:chocolate_bar:

3 Likes

Wow, surprising behavior for sure. It’s 2021, I would think every salesman knows not to judge someone based on appearances only (though I’m sure some can make a pretty good call after 1 minute of interaction :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

Ironically, just this past week a Acura salesman used the same pitch as the very first post about having me ask the other dealer if they have an extra one because he will be right behind me in getting one. He presents me a counter offer on the NEW one that I was interested in (keyword NEW), then proceeds to try to show me the value of a CPO with 3k miles on the odo that is $3k more than his offer on the new one. I told him I was perplexed and wanted him to explain how paying $3k more for a used car is considered value. I didn’t want to assume it was a simple loaner. Maybe they were able to resurrect Soichiro Honda from the dead to build that specific one and drive it for those 3k miles. He then ended the conversation by saying that he wanted to build a relationship and not be a salesman.

I was so tempted to burst the guy’s bubble by telling him that this dealership group in North San Diego County is known by the competition as the one where customers go to test drive but buy elsewhere.

By the way, he used those tactics because they were off by $700 on the price of a $40k vehicle. If they didn’t use these tactics, I would have easily paid them more than other dealers since it literally is 5 minutes away from my home (I highly suspect those tricks are in the dealer group’s sales manual, as the prior week the same story was told by a different brand at the same dealer group). But this experience took away any guilt I may have had for going to that dealership group in the future to test drive their cars. Maybe I can some fun with their Audi or Porsche dealers.

1 Like

Old movie, but this scene fits here perfectly

7 Likes

Did you just make a classic “I would if I could”…

Yea that dealer gets the award for trying with zero logic tho!

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

1 Like