Funniest/most ridiculous dealer replies you've ever gotten

That pure leaf and goldfish cracker combo ftw!

I feel like we need a new thread titled “Show us your snacks” and yes I did have goldfish and golden leaf for breakfast

2 Likes

Shopping for a 4xE … Suresky CDJR replied “we can’t order any more 4xEs.” Ok, fine, moving on. Yet, they continue to email me and call me every damned day. “We’re trying to contact you.” I’ve tried the opt out link to no avail. Guess who goes on my block list now? Sigh.

The easiest way i got rid of these type of “follow up” contact attempts was responding that i got a different vehicle.

1 Like

12 Likes

What truck?

22 Defender

I had a good one

I was working the deals and got a better deal elsewhere. the salesman texted me

So we have a deal? Im sure another dealer said they can beat that and that you will let me know so I can see if we can lose more money on the deal.

I responded back like brother you are in the wrong business if you are gonna take that tone with a customer over losing a deal
he said:

no tone at all sir, just seeing where I need to be to earn your business sir. we are already losing -738 to make this deal and I am wondering where I need to be at.

1 Like

I would say “Thank you for letting me know. My guilty conscience won’t let me let you lose money, so I must withdraw my business entirely. You are welcome.”

1 Like

Had a salesman that went crazy and wanted to literally fight, All the employees were holding him, You know the type of guy that acts like he wants to fight when people are holding him. I was laughing at him and ready to punch his face if he came running in his leather shoes on polished floors. LOL. This was in the middle of the showroom and crowded weekend. Better yet, i was with my wife. My younger days of laughing at people too much.

You didn’t call him out on “not paying all of it” in a lease?

will you share more of that story? As in, what led to his breakdown?

not very good at basic math.

I was doing a purchase and out “double talking” the salesman on the 4 square offer sheet. LOL.

Been offered jobs multiple times when being a customer at dealerships. But not my goal in life, i like to buy not sell.

Why would you even be in a position for there to be a 4 square?

1 Like

8 Likes

Many reasons.

• not afraid of car salesmen.
    -want to see what else they have on the lot
    -specialty purchase
    -buying for wife (you all know how that can be)
    -etc

have a spine, things like this happen everyday.

So which of those reasons justifies intentionally reducing your negotiating position?

All I see is an unnecessary waste of time.

7 Likes