Funniest/most ridiculous dealer replies you've ever gotten

@njc and @DesertJake I dont think you realize how horrible and dishonest prospects and customers can be. Its a two way street. If you give respect, you get it.

5 Likes

Oh, no argument there! I’ve read plenty of the dealer stories as well. And perhaps it’s just my area, but finding a dealer who isn’t going to try to pull something seems rarer than hen’s teeth.

I was fortunate in my purchase last week though and found a dealer that didn’t play any games with me. It was a 2-hour drive, but I was so happy I went back with my daughter 4 days later and bought a second car for her.

1 Like

I get that customers are assholes, but my point is that the dealer information is public to begin with and no privacy is broken. I can go on any review site and write that Susan from Audi of bumblefudge is this and that, why can’t it be done here? Knowing dealers is as much of a hacking as anything else

I think that’s the sound of a modded civic revving.

I would to share an inquiry from a customer that had me confused and laughing since they inquired on the car:

“I?m interested in the car, major negatives the interior hasn?t been updated since 2010. It does not have a touchscreen or navigation. Only contact me if the price is negotiable”

He receives the auto response and here is his response:

“This car has zero features, no Blindspot, no parking sensors, no intelligent cruise control, No navigation, what am I paying for? Car has not been updated since 2010. Knobs for adjusting front seat? Why would I pay a premium”

My response:
"The XXX is currently priced at $5xxx below market value according to CarGurus has has extremely low miles for a XXXX. This car is meant for an enthusiast driver and the features you listed are not always wanted in a performance car. We sell new $200,000+ Porsches will less features and they are sold out before being announced. However, we understand if it is not the right vehicle for you since everyone envisions their ideal car differently. We just received a XXX on trade that will have some of the features you listed like power seats and parking sensors. Does that interest you at all?

And their reply: “Look dont be stupid and leave me alone about the car its a piece of crap”

11 Likes

Pretty sure the only appropriate response here is

1 Like

“why doesn’t this 2012 Boxter Spyder have 4 wheel drive and ACC?!? What a useless car”

1 Like

:thinking:

Was then approached by the “manager” with an email titled “The sharpened pencil…” as if I’m shopping at Faber-Castell

Anyways, time to play “ball”

At this point I know these guys are all talk, so I send a better offer I got from another dealer, to which they pull the “OUR price doesn’t have HIDDEN FEES theirs does”

Let’s just say I still really want to see this “showdown with his owner” and “guns a blazin shake up of the “marketing” team”

6 Likes

I’ve gotten that “their hiding fees” line many times.

To be fair, they’re probably correct with most people that they talk to

1 Like

Will do that on Monday and update with what he says.

8 Likes

The engine, transmission, 4 wheels, and driving feel. Take it or leave it.

:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

At least he called me nice…

11 Likes

*Adds to canned responses *

2 Likes

Was looking at a few cars and test driving. Decided on my car and let the local dealer about 2 miles from my house make me an offer for fun this was on a Volvo S60 this month 47xxx sticker. He was at $480 a month I reached out to @Benedetto who was able to get in for $349. Called the dealer to thank him and let him know I had found a better deal elsewhere and what the price was. He would not move on his price but told me I should really reconsider him Bc of how close I live, and I would get free car washes if I got the car from him, and also the food in service is only available to people who buy the cars from there. I laughed and said if I spend $130 a month on car washes I have a problem, and I don’t need his free food.

7 Likes

You think they spot check people at the food table?

Haha

Is there even a food table with covid anymore?

2 Likes

Imagine they give you a .50c voucher for the vending machine… Haha.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the lead was marked bad by a manager, so I couldn’t send a follow up. Would have loved to see the response.

6 Likes

Funniest/most ridiculous dealer replies you’ve ever gotten:

$781 per month for a $43,XXX 2021 Ford Explorer XLT (1st month DAS ONLY, 19,500 miles per year, 24 months, 6.35% sales tax included in the payment).

( I only have 3 Explorers in stock when I normally have 30 or so) they are selling over the MSRP . Let me know if you are good with the payment. Once these 3 Explorers are gone, we wont have any for quite some time

1 Like

This is the reality at the moment

2 Likes