Fun car to drive leasing under $650

BMW Dave are you suggesting me get something other than a bmw,m? Haha would you say better option than an m340i? For yourself

Def considering it! Just wondering why so many people in this forum trash it.

It’s maintenance heavy, typical FCA low quality, with not the best technology in it.

It’s a car you get because you like how it drives, not because of any other “redeeming” qualities.

1 Like

i can live with that. I’m leasing so it’s longevity isn’t a factor.

It’s a FCA product = horrible reputation.

Outside of dealer incompetence, I’ve had zero issues with mine. If you go that route just know your service experience may be less than stellar, especially if it’s attached to a DJCR dealership. That’s been my issue, but then again AR corporate has taken care of me and I’ll end my lease without having paid for any service.

1 Like

Car people tend to trash cars that are unreliable and poorly made. But we do like how they drive. Those are two completely separate things.

Do be sure to investigate maintenance costs before signing on the dotted line, just so you know what you’re in for.

If doors aren’t a concern Id take an M240i over the 3 series in a heartbeat. Way more fun to drive the smaller short wheelbase car even if it’s slightly slower, but the lease isn’t as good of a value due to volume.

If only the M2 didn’t lease like such garbage it’d be on the list.

1 Like

Watching videos is one thing… have you actually test driven these models?

I have driven one of them. Just wanted to hear things people have learned.

Which one have you driven?

The s5 and liked it. A part of me feels it’s not aggressive looking enough (I’m 30). But eh

Off the beaten path but…Camaro. I know they don’t lease well.

With pleather seats and loyalty and ol code and no modern safety features.

Still applies! :sunglasses:

1 Like

said another way: the giulia the sexiest check engine light on 4 wheels

My vote:

@Electric you owe me $5

2 Likes

Get it gone and I’ll make it $50.

2 Likes

@jeisensc be sure to first register as a broker’s broker.

2 Likes

Having owned an 18’ S5 Coupe and now work at BMW, the m340 drives better, sounds better, and has better tech but I like how the S5 looks a lot better. I would 100% get an m340 over an S4, but it is a tough decision for me over the S5, especially with black optics and red interior. Also rumor on the Audi forums in that there will not be a 2020 S5 model. Otherwise, I would not go with another car suggested on this list since they are either more expensive (M2, C8), not very good (Ghibli), or under powered (A5, Giulia).

Also keep in mind when someone on here says it is easy to get a X car for under $600, it is not. It generally takes a lot of negotiating and some luck before you get that deal.

3 Likes

I’m already meta-meta, not necessary. I’ll just send the $50 to Mike and Little Violet for the next run of LH Trophy Garage stickers.