FS: 2019 Mercedes S63 Coupe - $130k

I know that I may be posting this in the wrong place, but looking to sell, or for a broker to help sell, or just LH advice/feedback.

I have used LH brokers for several years and always found it worth the fee. I am now looking for someone to help broker the sale of a car I own. It is a somewhat rare car, and I think local dealers are lowballing me ($110k vs. KBB $138k).

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe

MSRP: $192,795 (in 2019)
Monthly payment (pre-tax): N/A
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): N/A

Current mileage: 4,800
Maturity mileage: N/A
Effective miles per month: N/A
Maturity date: N/A

MSD due (if any): N/A
Cash due (if any): N/A
Incentive for new lessee (if any): N/A

Financial institution: N/A
Transfer fee: N/A
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): N/A

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details: Car is in excellent condition. No issues.

Photos:

1 Like

110K is a solid offer. I would take it.

3 Likes

I would reach out to dealers in warmer climates (think central FL/Tampa, etc.). Might be worth shipping it down there for $1k if the offers are 5k+ higher.

4 Likes

Have you tried Carmax, Carvana, GMTV, Autonation near or around SoFlo? I would also try giving a shout to Untamed Motors. That being said, I know he deals primarily with Toyotas, specifically TRD Pro’s. However, I think it’s worth reaching out.

At 110k that’s almost 50% gone :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

What does “somewhat rare” mean?

The biggest problem with this type of car is the lack of a warranty. By the way, depreciation is not done yet. In next four to five years, it will be under 50K.

Obviously I don’t know what options you have, but looking at Edmunds for example shows a trade in of around $108.8k and PPV of $117.9k.

Checking KBB, it seems like it’s placing a far higher premium on the low miles as well.

I suspect the Edmunds value is more realistic, but if you’re not in a rush, you can always gradually reduce the price until you find a buyer. The longer you wait, the more the car will keep depreciating though.

1 Like

Being an S63 AMG.makes it rare, I guess. The standard model is the S560 couple.

The 65 is the rare one. I was shopping for these in convertible at one point and 110k offer is solid for this car. He should take it.

3 Likes

When new, that was Maybach-type money.

1 Like

This is a beautiful car. Perfect daily driver IMO

you want more money, search warmer climate as @Petrem suggested

KBB number is worthless most of the time.
This is how the convo will go

Dealer : I’ll give you $110k

You: KBB says trade in value is $138k

Dealer : sell it to Kelly blue book then

6 Likes

It should have the remaining 4 year/50k manufacturer’s warranty.

@norvells - Want to chime in on this?

I wouldn’t trust KBB trade in value. Lately I’ve seen lots of cars sit with asking retail price below KBB trade in value. That’s what happens when you get 6-7% interest rates.

Car is still under warranty

Let me know when KBB has a check printing feature. Then it will be worth $138k.

5 Likes

Verbatim the conversation I had with a few dealers today…

No longer anchoring to KBB price.

$110-120k seems reasonable and likely where a deal gets done.

When does it expire? Feel free to include that info in your post.

Plug it into autonation and use a Tampa or Orlando Zip Code

4 Likes

If you’re really trying to squeeze every last penny out of it, try bring a trailer or cars and bids. It’s not rare but the mileage certainly helps.

1 Like