Found a "rare" new BMW 340 MT with ZHP

I had a Honda salesman try to tell me after a test drive that the Accord Sport 1.5T 6MT was an ultra rare and desirable vehicle that they absolutely could not sell below MSRP. I legit belly laughed. Thing had been on their lot for over 100 days. Less than 4 hours later he emailed me with a huge discount offer. I didn’t respond at all to it because my mind was made up on the 2.0T. A day later he emailed me again with an even larger discount, I think it was around 15% off :rofl:

There are very few buyers like me who fetishize sporty sedans with manual transmissions AND put their money where their mouth is.

A base car with no options would be more desirable, especially since it would be ~$12k less

But no CF trim on the base car.

So funny story: the dealer that has two ZHP’s…I talked to the sales manager, he refuses to even provide a quote over phone or email, claiming that he has many interested parties ready to buy and I must come in person to talk numbers. Unreal. Dude runs his BMW dealer like a Detroit <$5k used car lot. They’ve both been there for over a year. Hope he likes looking at them for the next year too.

1 Like

Did you remind him the cars have been there for over a year? If so much interest, why are they still there?

I can already tell that it’s a waste of time. I’m pushing him to get a quote so I can add to the worst leases thread.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: As I suspected.

Did a quick calculation and he’s quoting it at MSRP with a marked up MF. GLWS!

1 Like

Hence why it’s been there so long. GLWS indeed.

Wow…that’s nearly M3 CS money.

Car in Indy or Ann Arbor?

Regardless, I wouldn’t pick up for anything less than 20% off.

And that’s from the sales manager. Dude REALLY wants to keep his ZHP’s :grin:

@aigochamaloh - Ann Arbor. It’s all yours!

https://www.bmwofannarbor.com/new/BMW/2018-BMW-340i-ann-arbor-mi-1b2afdd70a0d04fe62682839bcd8589f.htm

Haha you hack it and take it home, I’ve already leased the 6MT 340i, had my fun, and moved on. $334/mo payment from back then, those glory BMW days are gone.

If they were to go 20% off and use base MF, I get $352/mo with max MSD’s. But I’m not wasting my time trying to get there from 0% off haha.

It’s a rare manual with ZHP… what exactly do you expect?! You’re lucky he offered you anything less than 1k a month. People are nipping at his heals trying to throw their money at him. He’s doing YOU a favor.

Hahaha. Yes. I also got the feeling that sales personnel are even not allowed to quote the car themselves. It was weird that I got sent straight to the manager immediately, usually that happens a few exchanges in.

Good. Cut the middle man out and go straight to the bad quote.

2 Likes

Cut the negotiation and go straight to worst lease ever as well

Isn’t that what just happened?

If anyone is interested, this is the one I was working with, no luck –

https://www.dreyerreinboldbmwnorth.com/new/BMW/2018-BMW-340i-f89c15680a0d0cc700b12d7db6535aca.htm

And there is one in Maryland.

There was one in the pacific NW in January. I looked up the stats, said they only made 100. Pricey but oh how sweet with the 6MT.
I had a 340 6MT also, track package, 19”. An amazing specimen of a car.
I hope one of you can get this, maybe on 4-30 when they finally cave. If you do, please post so we can drool.