Ford Mustang Mach-E : Nationwide

Too confusing. Gave up on this the same day I posted this question lol. I just put down a deposit to purchase a Volvo XC60 through Vroom

1 Like

Yeah, still not sure if wasn’t presented Ford Options because they don’t know about it, or Ford’s getting that tax credit and something odd on the back-end.

I didn’t, took the $7,500 verbatim and read the IRS code. Saw lease mentioned in the verbage and thought I was good. Was in reference to the $7,500 federal rebate (ford hasn’t hit 200k units) didn’t look up local incentives.

Probably got screwed out of the $7,500 not being offered Ford Options. Annoying as I was made to sit at the dealer 2.5 hours for the guy to come up with a maintenance package tacked on and some etching. Zero mention of Ford Options though. Maintenance pkg and etching was taken off as rebates.

Would really love to see your contract (with any personal info redacted, of course). This is all too confusing without it. Seems to at least be certain the fed incentive was not passed on from Ford Finance. You would obviously see it under incentives on your contract.

When i put a deposit on the f150 lightning, i was told when i file for my tax i gotta submit the contract to get the 7500 tax once it gets approved before delivery. Theres no rebates at dealership or in contracts

There’s a few things:
a) dealers generally can’t create rebates
b) dealers generally can’t increase the RV/buyout
c) dealers can often mark up MF and sell above MSRP
d) rarely dealers can keep a rebate/incentive for themselves, but more often they need to mark up the selling price to do so
e) rebates, MF and RV may vary based on leasing company (edmunds data is usually for the captive lease company; for domestics there’s multiple leasing companies that dealerships work with).

The first legal owner need to claim the tax credit (that doesn’t mean they will pass it on). For a lease, that’s the lease company. For a purchase, that’s you.

Either way the dealership and manufacturer are not involved (other than their legally separate captive leasing company, if leased)

1 Like

No, they can’t mark up MSRP. They can mark up the sale price, however, which is what you probably meant. Just want to clarify that for the readers, though.

Yeah I meant they can sell at a mark up on top of MSRP (not that they can change msrp)

Yeah, Fed wasn’t applied or passed on, nervous salesman to say anything about how I should claim it, Ford Options not even mentioned, learned about it from the last Mach-E thread.

negotiated: 5500 down (should have said DAS) plus 599/mo.

got: 5599 down + 599/mo, with first month payment not included in the $5599. Sleazy, not too bad.

Thing that sticks out is the rent charge on top of the lease.

Just wondering how the total lease price if purchased = 59,803 on a 52k MSRP vehicle. My fault for looking at the two numbers I negotiated, gawking at the 99 dollar difference + first month and signed.

Was not shown these pages or numbers until I signed and they were printed. Only was shown a summary page and after making me wait 2.5 hours with no one else in the dealership, they brought me over.

Was not presented with Ford Options. Kinda shitty, but just means I definitely won’t be buying at lease-end, not like I would have (being a ford) and I’ve been screwed out of the federal tax credit.

They remarked if I… knew what to do with my accountant I could claim the tax credit… of course… if it’s legal. Should have been a red flag.

Just waiting on the C40 Recharge to mature really, and was angry that Tesla removed radar from the MY.

The rebates / credit is from the BS Maintenance Plan and etching.

Oh well this is why i usually use lease brokers I can trust, but… pretty car and all. With dealerships quoting 3-5k over sticker, an extra $99 plus one lease payment didn’t seem too bad, so I signed away.

I’m dumb, was not shown the 2nd page. Assumed down payment + payments made + RV would equal roughly the MSRP, as I paid taxes and fees at inception. Didn’t expect it to be off this much if I wanted to purchase.

Will just ride it like a rented mule for 38 more months and check out how Volvo’s doing again.

All leases include rent charge. On some, it’s very low due to a low mf. On some, it’s high due to high mf.

3 Likes

Thanks, that makes sense.

High MF on this car, okay residual percentage due to 7500 miles per year. That’s all I focused on besides the amount down + monthly.

I figured 5599 was in the ‘ballpark’ of 5500, and they had me there 2.5 hours without a car on my lunchbreak. Safe to say they saw me coming, but when the markups on these are 3-5k in some situations, don’t really care that the buyout is higher than I thought it would be.

With my last two Explorers I kinda vowed off ever leasing a Ford again then this came out.

2021’s weird.

EDIT: also make sure to clarify down payment vs. DAS and drive-off, I screwed up there.

How did you come up with your $599/$5599 price target?

Info like the rent charge amount is something that should inform what a target monrhly/das is.

1 Like

It was 5500 target and 599, used Ford Credit’s site. But every dealer has a song and dance on why that’s not the number you’ll be paying. Fullerton was the first to say ‘okay, want to come down’ ?

Beyer wanted 3k over sticker, etc.

So $765/mo? :grimacing:

I’ve taken a stab at your calculator. It really isn’t that bad. MF is equivalent to about 4.4% APR. Only $210 maintenance plan added on BUT then gave you $310 credit. Looks like about $17 or so over MSRP? Very odd. But, again, after that $310 credit, it is just about MSRP … a hair under, actually.

In the end, yes, you did lose out on the $7500. Not the dealer’s fault, however. That is Ford Credit’s doing.

1 Like

For a full msrp deal?

Yeah, I was getting offer emails from other places like Beyer for 3k or 5k over sticker.

MSRP didn’t seem bad when my Model Y ordered 2 months ago suddenly didn’t have radar, or passenger lumbar, and everyone wants 3-5k over MSRP for the car.

Oh, also I got 3k from GMTV, and 3k additional because somehow they got it at Volvo’s price. So I’m a little bit casual when it came to the 1st month lease payment left out and 99 bucks off. Par for the course with a route 22 dealer.

Actually better than most right now with NJ dealers wanting 3-5k over sticker due to the ‘terrible chip shortage’ Alan @ Fullerton was the first guy who didn’t want to get me in ‘for a test drive’ before we spoke numbers.

ya know, you might plug it into the buying sites. Maybe they’ll give you an absurd number and you can get out now free and clear. Then go back and BUY one to get the $7500 credit.

1 Like

Now you understand my hesitation to post the numbers.

Again with 6k off a volvo lease + 4k MSDs back, I wasn’t thinking too much, and with a ford - I never planned on buying it, so I never thought to ask the full lease price.

Alan from Fullerton said he wanted to call me after I let him know stuff like this was why I avoided car dealers, so maybe they’ll… who knows.

Pretty sure no one will touch Ford Credit, or I know GMTV won’t.

Anyone still play ball with Ford Credit / CAB EAST? Didn’t think that was possible, but it does give me an option for when the F150-EV comes out.

Pure reservation + financing on that from Delta Community CU. Didn’t know about Ford Options otherwise would’ve jumped on that for the credit.

Derp!