Ford Mustang Mach-E -- MY23 Order Banks are Open

Online instant, do you have to drive to a physical location for manual appraisal?

Am I SOL now until the online offer expires?

Strange I am getting less on a 2023 Premium trim. 5900 miles.

However since I had to pay all the tax upfront for Ford Option it would make more sense to private party sell it.

Looks they updated their algorithm to allow auto-generated instant offers for 2023 Mach-E. Iā€™m now getting $31,247 for the instant offer.

The $36,700 manual appraisal was requested 7/28 (initiated by text, per the screen instructions), received 8/2 by email, and expired 8/4. :frowning: I thought I would have a week to decide from receipt of the offer.

Keeping the Mach-E for 3 years it is, then!

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t let a bad offer from Carvana set the market for you. Itā€™s very hard to sell an EV to a wholesaler/online buyer right now, nobody wants to take the risk. It creates a collusion effect, as the vehicles are not performing quite as poorly as these offers make one thing.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s a good MSRP to target on 2022 and 2023 GT trims? Canā€™t seem to get a handle on good discount target

1 Like

Correct.

Online car buyers will low ball you every time.

When I traded in my Ford Lightning Lariat, all the online offers (Carvana, CarMax, CarFax, GMTV) all offered around $55K.

My Ford dealer offered $65K plus $1000 Ford trade in Bonus in June 2023.

$66K for a $67K Lightning after 1 year and 10,000 miles was a great price plus I made money on the $7500 tax refund, $2000 state rebate, $1000 utility.

Used the equity and made my MME drop from $53K to $46K including PCO.

3 Likes

But what was the MMR on the car?

What time frame was this? Extended range?

Just glancing at the Lightning used market recently, it looks to have softened quite a bit in just the last couple months. A couple private party XLT trims listed below $50k. Used Lariats sitting at Ford dealers in mid-$50k range. Iā€™d say you made out quite well.

I traded in my 2022 standard range, base Lightning EV in June 2023 as a trade against my 2023 Mach E.

The dealer who paid $66K for it, resold it for $72K within a few days after I traded it in.

Dealer still made out $6K for doing nothing but detailing and replacing the recall wiper motorsā€¦

I have a snapshot of the price listed on the dealer website - before pictures were taken/uploaded - sold in a snap!

1 Like

I have been considering a Mach e and I will totally buy your 2023 Mach e premium with 5900 miles for 34,000!!

No kidding since it takes 25-28K to get into a base level Mazda 3/CX-30, Toyota corolla class of carā€¦

Plus $4 gas and $5+ West Coast gas with$ an EV

October 2023ā€¦ anybody have a LH contact yet for leasing a Mach E?

crickets

1 Like

I have no source for this.

2 Likes

Bumping thisā€¦interested in this information as well. Would like info on any Dec. 23 deals for a MY 23 mach 3 GT performance edition.

I am in Florida, a 36/7500 lease on a GT has a 57% residual and the money factor is almost 0. I would be fine with those numbers but dealers donā€™t seem to want to discount off sticker. They just keep piling up on the lots. Seems like the dam would be breaking on these by now.

1 Like

Iā€™m shocked that the machE is not the new 4XE or E tron around here, anytime I drive past a ford dealership it seems like a machE storage facility

1 Like

I was heavy shopping for a GT the past two weeks and found the same. Plenty on the lots and no dealers willing to budge much at all on buying. Mentioning lease just had them all shaking their heads it seemed. One salesperson said he didnā€™t see things changing anytime soon even though he agreed they were overstocked and every other brand was being way more aggressive.

Even had one come to a half-decent deal only to have a sales manager walk it back when it was time to submit my app and say the rebates were already included even though we had done the numbers with them separately. Tried to hit me with a ~$7000 swingā€¦
Just walked away and really turned me away from even being interested.

On the used market these are under 30 now for non gt and creeping close to 30k for GT. Might be worth looking preowned

2 Likes

I did look into that as well, unfortunately not seeing those numbers around here (DMV).

Thereā€™s a few GTs floating around 40k (38-41k), usually 21ā€™s, within 250 miles. Which that at 40k/6%/little to no warranty vs 55k/0%/3750/warranty isnā€™t super tempting to go used.
30k a different story, ofc.

Not entirely up to speed on best incentives for MME but 0% APR is pretty nice.