Residual: 50,239

Down: 2000

12k/ 36 months

Monthly $823

Post your best attempt at the LH calculator

Tried my best, payment seems about 100 off I believe

Gov and dealer fees are missing.

Down or due at signing?

You have rebates combined into your discount. You need to break out the discount versus rebates so they are taxed correctly. (unless you are in NJ)

You need to clarify if your down payment is “due at signing” or a “cap cost reduction” – You are treating it as a cap cost reduction in your calculator but I suspect this is actually your DAS.

Here is an attempt to correct;

It’s not a tax rebate. The 7500 is a dealer discount

Why would anyone lease anything from Ford? They lease terrible…

1 Like

Ford is passing through the rebate, as a lease incentive. For Platinum, the lease incentive is $7500. For Lariat it’s, $5000 and for XLT, it’s $1500. Nothing is passed through on Pro.

Nobody leases these because you can double dip the rebate when purchasing. On a Lariat, you can get $5000 incentive from Ford, and then you get can get another $7500 via Federal (if you are under income limits).

(Based on below article, lease pass through on Lariat is only $5000 – I have updated the calculator in the previous post. Ford F-150 Lightning up to $15,000 off with new incentive)

1 Like

so do you guys recommend or would take this lease?

As we have been discussing in the Lightning thread I would wait for a 2024 because of the improvements I believe we will see in the vehicle. Although this does not mean a 2024 will be cheaper, I think it will be a better EV truck.

If you qualify for the federal rebate, and you must have a Lightning Lariat now, then you would be better off purchasing with a balloon loan. It will result in a lower monthly payment and put you in a position to recapture any potential future equity (which may not exist, but at least you have the option).

Can you explain what a balloon loan is?

It’s has the payments of a lease and a Gotcha moment after 36 months of ‘oops you now need to buy / sell the car’.

If the car has good resale value, the selling is easy. If not, well you need to find a lender who can loan you the funds on the car to buy it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.