Ford Lease end Purchase

How did this go? I recently visited a ford dealer near me and it seemed like they had no interest in buying out my lease with a year left - not that big of a deal I was there to test out the Mach e but thought it was weird that I mentioned I had a year left and they didn’t seem to care at all, told me to come back when there’s a few months left before my lease and they’ll see what inventory they have on the lot (I said my next car either will be another hybrid or electric) - come talk to us next August.

Maybe I should be more explicit and ask them straight up if they’ll do a lease buyout for me?

Yes I’d ask more directly for them to make you an offer. Dealers are an odd bunch sometimes. Or try a different dealer.

A lot of dealers these days have a “we want to buy your car” button on their website that puts you in touch with their acquisition person. That’s a good place to start.

I will keep that in mind. I want to keep the car for at least the rest of this year. I guess the salesman I got was nice enough to not pressure me :slight_smile:

They were playing dumb while assuming you’re the kind of customer who doesn’t know leased cars can have equity.

3 Likes