Ford (FMC) saying they are cool with a 3rd party buyout....has something changed?

Hi all, helping a friend not get ripped off on her lease. Seems to be a new found calling of mine…

She has a dinky little ecosport which surprisingly has a decent amount of equity in it, her buyout is around 11k and carmax is offering around 17k with a bunch of other offers from other online buyers a bit lower.

From researching here I was under the impression that a third party buyout was not allowed by FMC and she would have to buy the car out. Although she spoke with them today to gather into and was told they do indeed allow it.

Has something changed or was this just a dumb FMC rep?

Thanks!

both r possible

1 Like

Doesn’t matter as Carmax will not touch a Ford lease

2 Likes

Very good to know thank you for that!

But there were other comparable offers from other wholesalers, ones that would off set the sales tax.

Go with them, did you get an offer from GMTV?

1 Like

Equally important with FMC, if this hasn’t changed, is knowing the timing restrictions. Dealers (or third parties if they’re back) had to buy it out with 6+ months remaining, first party was 60+ days if I recall correctly. Definitely double check that.

1 Like

I’m going to run them all again but first I need to know if it needs to be bought out or not. If it needs to be bought out then carmax was the best offer, if not then I will see if any of them come under the $700 or so for the sales tax…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.