Ford F150 Lightning to start below $40K

So to revisit this, the Pro model looks like a steal to me, $41k plus $7500 from the Feds and whatever state credits($2500 for me). This is a crew cab with dual motors(aka 4x4)and vinyl seats for easy clean up. I don’t think they’ll be able to build enough, looks like a home run to me.

3 Likes

A steal if you can get one. Last I read they only made 500 Pros. Will be interesting to see how long the $7500 is available since it is good for 200,000 Fords (how the law is written) and how many Pros they make in the future.

1 Like

The latest articles are saying 150k to 160k annually by 2023. I think this truck will be a game changer/home run. They are pricing it comparable to a gas model, no other manufacturer has done that. Instead of offering a premium only ev, Ford is offering a full range of trims. I like that it’s pretty similar to the gas model, not a goofy looking ev that sticks out.

Yes other ev’s have been offered in lower trims, but these are goofy niche commuters like my Bolt and the others in this category

Makes sense they are focusing on higher margin trims while the chip shortage continues and they still have the tax credits. Once the tax credit starts to phase out and there are less supply constraints Ford has more motivation to build cheaper models.

Anyone looking at the new Maverick?

I like the Maverick too, truck functionality with car mpg’s and ride, another home run.

As of 12/31/21 Ford had about 39k deliveries before the phase out starts (25% per quarter over 4).

Ford delivered roughly 27k Mach-Es this past year.

Under the current tax credit, Ford’s Federal EV tax credit is likely to start phasing out in Q4 of this year.

Meaning most F150 lightnings will not be able to take benefit of the full credit…

At least Ford is delivering on the Mav…I see one almost every day now.

1 Like

Dose anyone know any ford dealers taking orders without an reservation?

Hope you have a spare 140k