Ford F150 Bonus Cash Question: New to Leasing

Hi- Located in NY and I’m looking at a lease for a Ford F-150. The dealership pricing page has a Retail Customer Cash discount of 4K and a Bonus Cash offer of 2.5K off F150 XL trucks. On the truck advertisement page, they show the final price as MSRP minus these deals. Both offers only state "Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 2024-01-02. See dealer for complete details.".

Now, when heading in for negotiating, I was planning to focus on getting the MSRP as close to the invoice as possible, with assuming that these offers would apply to the vehicle. However, when I use the Ford lease calculator on the product page, these offers do not show up under the capitalized cost reduction and are not applied.

Am I wrong in assuming that these bonus cash offers will apply to a leased vehicle, or does Ford list these and not state that they exclude leasing or financing? I’m just trying to be as prepared as possible.

Thanks for your help. It’s been a long, long time since I purchased a new car and never a lease.

Thank you

Typically any time you see a rebate/incentive called out as “retail”, it’s a purchase only incentive.

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option.

Rate Findr has that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. It’s a tool on the Leasehackr Calculator, available to Super Supporters.

Matt is correct. In addition this :arrow_up: strategy is not going to yield a good lease deal.

First thing to understand is that very few vehicles are actually good lease candidates.

Second is to question some unstated assumptions about your best route into a vehicle (buy new vs buy used vs lease) … what do you believe is the best route for you and why?

In addition to the above responses you’ve received. It’s very rare to see a compelling lease deal from Ford. Ford & Ford Motor Credit turn the levers that they have control over ( MF, RV, Incentives ) enough to steer people to purchase instead of lease.

As evidenced by the incentives you referenced and Ford currently doing 2.9% on purchases. While one can obviously still lease it’s tough to see the value in going that route on an F150.

If an F150 was a good lease deal, you’d see quite a few of those deals on LH in the Signed & Share a Deal section.

Most in the market for a lease deal on a full size truck go for a Tundra or a Ram these days as they financially make the best lease.

2 Likes

This is very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to respond and provide some good insight. I did sign up and access the Rate Findr. This was super helpful and it’s amazing to see so much data compiled and available for buyers.

I’m still a bit confused about the rebates listed and how to determine if I qualify for them. For example, there are two listed under general incentives:

1. Bonus Cash: Eligibility: Residents residing in qualifying regions of the United States.

Qualification: Rule of ‘10’ and Standard Rules of Eligibility apply. Expiration: 2024-01-02

1. Customer Cash: Eligibility: Residents residing in qualifying regions of the United States.

Qualification: Rule of ‘10’ and Standard Rules of Eligibility apply. Expiration: 2024-01-02

What does the Rule of 10 mean?

Also, if I price out the vehicle on the Ford website, it shows these incentives listed as part of the transaction. When I do the same on the dealer website, it doesn’t show them. Could it have something to do with the amount of $ down?

Thanks

Rule of 10 is a ford finance rule that your payment cant exceed 10% of your gross monthly income. I thought it was a finance only thing, but im not sure.

Dealer websites are useless for anything other than looking at inventory options.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.