Ford Explorer with roof rail issues

Yup, after incessant calls to Corporate, a few complaints, and threats of legal action, they issued this recall. Now, will it actually fix the problem? That remains to be seen.

1 Like

It certainly would make it much harder for them to refute a lemon law claim

2 Likes

So what’s the fix that they are doing this time? More glue or something that may actually hold.

Paragraph 3

Dealers will install new push-pin clips that will secure the covers in place and prevent unintended separation. Ford says it is not aware of any crashes associated with the defects, and notices should begin circulating to owners before the end of June.

1 Like

Update: one of the rails is becoming detached again, this after a whole new system install 2 months ago. Called corporate and they claim that they are still working on a solution but in the meantime “what would you like us to do?” I told them they can pay to remove the rails completely, install all weather strips and communicate this to Ford Credit to absolve me from any lease end charges. This would be a permanent solution that is satisfactory for me. They said they can’t do that. So I asked if they thought I should go the Lemon Law route through an attorney since they are not giving me any viable options. Apparently, they themselves have a buyback program where they will either replace the car or buy it back and refund all lease payments made thus far - basically doing the Lemon without actually having to file a legal claim. I went ahead and submitted that through them directly.

1 Like