Ford A Plan....is that the best price?

I am curious as to whether or not the Ford A plan is THE best price when leasing a new Ford. I know there’s always the incentives, customer cash, and Ford red carpet lease renewal…but is the A plan the end all be all? I have been told conflicting answers (one of them from my salesman) but am curious whether or not its worth trying to get even more of a deal. I have about 5 months left but I’m trying to get all my ducks in a row. Thanks!

It depends. On the car, on the market, on the programs.

You can press snooze for another 90 days imo.

What are you looking to lease?

A plan aka employee pricing is the best pricing without negotiating and/or any effort.

You can do better than A plan on trucks, don’t know the market for the cars/suvs… but I would imagine it would be tough sledding on the new expedition.

Here’s an example… about 2 years ago, previous year model.

65k msrp… 57k sales price before rebates - 3k in lease rebates = 54k (A plan pricing would be about 55-57k)

so going A plan would add 1-3k to your lease total which would be about $30-$90/mo

Since I was recently in the market for both the F150 and a Ford SUV, I would say that A/Z plan pricing may be beaten but it is just so absurdly difficult. After having contacted over 20 Ford dealers this time around, only 1 was up for it—and even then, they were going against Ford’s rules and if corporate were to audit the deal and they didn’t “hide” their discount right, RIP to them.

Ford is the one and only brand that has a remarkably strict policy on employee pricing and corporate holds the line there with zero exceptions. At least, that much is transmitted to dealers. Consequently, the overwhelming majority of them play it safe. I did notice that anytime I brought up this topic to the sales/management, I was treated as if I was proposing some criminal activity. I’ve dealt with GM, FCA, and both have gone below employee pricing with zero problems.

I’ll stop there lest I write an essay on this topic. In sum, if you walk in the dealer with an A/Z or even an X-plan pin in hand wanting a deeper discount, it will be extremely difficult. If you walk in with no pin, the only way I see dealers getting you to below A/Z is if they are extremely desperate (market dependent like you mentioned). At this point, they are not bound to corporates parameters but the caveat being that they take a large loss seeing that dealers would normally get reimbursed from corporate when they redeem the pins that customers give them.

1 Like

I agree, for the trucks you can get below A plan by negotiating as normal, couldn’t say the same for the suv.

A plan is like an automatic solid deal, while negotiating is hit or miss.

Ford restricts dealers from going below A-Plan pricing, so it’s usually beatable.

However, if you have a trade, they can usually over-allow to go deeper.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback!

I figured thanks so much

Thank you!

Thank you! Appreciate it