[FOR NJ] Best Tesla Deals - Lease or Purchase

, ,

This is what’s under the hood of my M3P.

4 Likes

Flux capacitor option?

2 Likes

Same situation here; I just pulled the trigger on it at $404/mo with $0 due at signing.

***** $250 order fee + $425 wall charger + $225 all weather floor mats *****

I did consider putting down $1643 to reduce it to $357/mo, but decided against it.

Nice congrats! Assuming you live in NJ? Asking as if you are, and if it matters to you- the Tesla charger won’t qualify for the NJ EV charger nor EV Charger Installation Rebates…

2 Likes

It was going to my next question! Lol

I am, and I called about a month back and PSEG confirmed that it would. In addition, I called my electrician and he confirmed that it would and quoted me $1500 (way too much).

In any case, thank you and I appreciate your help!

Ah ok good to know it is covered. I paid $650.00 to have mine installed (located right next to my main electric panel in the garage). Will cost more if wires have to be run to the garage, ie- from the basement.

Enjoy it! It is my wife’s primary car- and on my limited weekend time I have used it…it has exceeded my expectations, especially at $404 per month with $250 out-of-pocket.

Adding that being that this is so easy (no dealer involved), I am surprised more people on this forum haven’t jumped on this?

Thanks man!

It’s for my wife as well. I reached out the dealer to see if they would take her BMW in early (2 months) and waive the disposition fee. They agreed so I decided to pull the trigger.

There was no equity in that car and I’ve been shopping around to see if anyone would come close to dealer payoff amount (without tax), but all offers were about 2k less than buyout.

This made the most sense and I’m glad it was available. She’s very happy with the choice!

I hope we see more while the ChargeUp program is in effect. This is the cheapest I’ve seen a Tesla lease for in the last 3 years.

The $7500 is probably going away on the RWD and therefore this lease deal. Anyone on the fence, should jump on this before month end.

1 Like

I turned my Acura in 3 months ahead of my lease and netted $6,500 (September 2022)…and haven’t replaced it, as my daughter is away in college. That said- we needed to get back to 3 cars- wife wanted a new SUV, yet was balking at the high lease costs…hence why we went with the Tesla (my daughter drives a 2020 Jeep and we have a Highlander, so nothing wrong with our choices of what to drive). Let us know what you think when you get it. And yes- Tesla has historically been a mistake to lease, which changed last month.

I want to get it but not a fan of RWD

Yeah, will do!

How long did it take for them to review agreements and notify you to accept delivery terms?

I got an email to schedule my delivery appointment, but when I clicked the link and signed in it says there are currently no appointments available.

Great question! Yeah I had the same problem, however I was happy to not be able to secure an appointment, as I was in no hurry to get the car. That said- I knew that at some point that if I didn’t make an appointment, I could lose the terms of the lease…so I drove to the dealership at Lawrenceville NJ, which was the right call. They told me that yes- they are fully booked based on demand, and that appointments were hard to come by. That said- they gave me a deadline of when I had to pick up the car, and found me an appointment on the spot. Hopefully your pickup spot isn’t far from your house, as yes- I would suggest you go there to get it done.

Just updated! Appointment is set for Monday at 12:30 pm

3 Likes

What makes you say that? The 4k NJ incentive and no sales tax is the biggest contributor to this lease deal. The 7500 is not being baked in (fully) and last year Tesla stepped up with discounts late in the year to boost sales.

It can go away and drive up the cost, it can also be extended, and/or be even cheaper in the future.

We are living in volatile times.

Congrats. When did you order?

1 Like

Thank you! I ordered last night around 11pm. It’s been a pretty quick process.

Next challenge is insurance…I’ve see so many threads on price increases after adding a Tesla on to the policy

I guess they have these in inventory ready to go.

I got a quote of $126 more per month - with 3 other cars on the policy and perfect driving records. (Geico)

P.S. I also got a quote to install a 14-50 plug for the charger - (12 ft from panel in basement to garage above) - over $2200 Lol.

I’m with Geico as well. I’m going to shop rates and see what my options are before I take delivery.

Wow! That’s insane, maybe I should get it done for $1500? Lol

My job is $150 in parts and $125 permit. I’ll probably do it myself.

Geico wanted an extea $260 every 6 months to replace my 4xe with a model 3