[FOR MOST STATES] 2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD - 36mo 10k mi $5600 DAS $399mo

Now that’s a low blow. Bolts have their purpose.

As bonfire fuel.

3 Likes

Then any other care in the same price range DD. By a long shot.

No exaggeration: the Bolt is one of the most surprisingly fun cars I’ve driven in the past few years.

Maybe it’s the ‘slower-car-fast’ phenomenon, or just that it feels like a supercharged go-kart…but it is definitely a big step above what econobox-es used to be like from a driving standpoint. It definitely brings me joy in a way that transcends the raw specs.

Conversely, I can’t say that I’ve loved the ‘feel’ of the Tesla’s that I’ve driven, and I find raw breakneck 0-60 runs of the performance versions to be more nauseating than ‘fun’; in other words, something you do once to impress your friends/family, and that’s it.

3 Likes

Hmmm…

I have driven pretty much each Tesla and found them all to be generally straight line quick but each had mushy brakes, awful steering feel and the handling not unlike a WWII battleship in the twisties.

Hard pass, but I am glad you like it.

1 Like

Lol ok, a Supra, 240 or 340 will destroy model 3 dynamics wise. Camaro , mustang as well.

1 Like

So you really miss the 1970’s huh. Good stuff.

1 Like

Thankfully with the M3 you can choose whatever steering suits your needs. I’ve always appreciated the handling myself - particularly around turns. But you are partially correct, it is built as safe as a battleship.

Must not engage with troll. Please lord Elon tell me you love me

4 Likes

Such a funny reply. You’re the one obsessed with Elon. I just really like the cars and don’t pay any attention to management.

1 Like

Like so many car owners, Tesla owners are not immune from having zero clue when it comes to actual vehicle dynamics and handling.

I think I also need to look for one of those elusive 1970’s builds of the 240/340, along with the '79-'80 Supra and 1970’s Camaros and Mustangs that are exactly the same as they are today. :clown_face:

1 Like

Understanding that people will “vote with their wallets”… I just don’t really care what the personal inclinations may be for those in upper management at automotive companies. Of course, if there is something a significant representative of a company is doing personally or professionally that tangles severely with ones own feelings/conscience, of course that is when you vote with your wallet.

However, if we were all actually doing that I don’t think any of us would be able to buy anything :slight_smile:

Im no historian, but geez…just look at the stories about the absolute giant of the automotive industry, Henry Ford.

5 Likes

Ha! You are a great historian sir.

Clearly, the American public shares your enthusiasm for the Supra.

1 Like

Yes, or Ferdinand Porsche/VW/Audi and on and on and on. Horrible to say the least.

The difference is that these are events/people that started 100+ years ago and “generally” by the end of World War II many of those issues were no longer at issue, but the ongoing and self-made cloud that hangs over Tesla is very current.

1 Like

A little reading comprehension apparently is out of the question. Nowhere did I say that “I had enthusiasm for the Supra” or anything like it.

1 Like

Why must every Tesla thread descend into this… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Im honestly not trying to make a light of something that is an important topic, but once this type of data (see below as one example)became available a number of years ago… everything starts to make sense.

Im certainly not very learned on this topic, and different studies have different results, but all of them seem to indicate the psychopathic rate found in senior leadership is many many multiples of the general population. Apparently, some of these folks may make excellent leaders, and perhaps it is best for society if their traits are exhibited in the business world rather than in the underworld.

Certain members come in each Tesla thread to hate and it starts.

3 Likes

Some people are way too invested in shouting at people who have 0 interest in hearing them.

5 Likes

That might be using me as a sample!

90% of my old bosses were psychopaths.
95% are sociopaths.

The last 5 are insane now.

anger GIF

3 Likes