Florida GMC Dealership

Looking to purchase a 2021 Acadia. I’m in the Orlando area so any Orlando or Tampa area dealership is easy for me to get to.

So far looking online, the biggest “published” discounts off of MSRP are Carl Black GMC in Orlando at about 9% off MSRP (on the GMC website) and Rivard in Tampa at about 10.5% off MSRP on their website.

Anyone have any experience with these 2 dealerships? I’m sure they both have that garbage add-on of $800-1,500 which nobody in their right mind would pay for. Pretty easy to get them to let go of that?

Any other dealership I should check with that won’t waste my time? Specifically looking for a SLT model, with 7 passenger seating, with dark interior and non-white exterior. Not terribly picky.

At that percent off it sounds like you are combining discounts with rebates. Typical dealer discount on the Acadia is closer to 4%. Rebates can vary by market… depending on what you may or may not qualify for.

No, i’m not combining. The GM Supplier discount (which isn’t great and i’m eligible for) is about a 5-6% discount off MSRP.

Here’s a screenshot from the Rivard GMC website.

Here is what the GM supplier website shows as the discount for a 2021 Acadia SLT (V6/AWD)

It’s about 3.8% ($1635 on this random buld).

More power to you if you think you can get 3x that and it’s legit.

1 Like

Look for demos. You should be able to get 12-16% off.

That’s the purpose of this post. To see if anyone has first hand experience with a price that is advertised on their website. I’ve seen at least 4-5 dealerships in the FL/GA region that have an advertised price $4k-5k off MSRP plus incentives. I get it that dealerships usually make it up elsewhere but I guess I just wanted to find out if anyone has first hand experience.

I have purchased 2 vehicles from Rivard, great dealership

Care to provide a salesman referral?

Always dealt directly with finance manager Jorge (he used to be in sales) I think he lists the deals under a salesman his name is Ben.

Tell them the Kazbours sent you

Update:

Went to a dealership today and agreed on a purchase price.

The vehicle is at another dealership and they’re working on getting it. They said they do dealer trades with that dealership all the time and shouldn’t be a problem.

I’ll share the exact deal once everything is finalized but the vehicle is brand new (not a demo) and we’ve agreed to 12% off MSRP before rebates.

Here’s the deal:

2021 GMC Acadia SLT (purchase)

MSRP: $44,110
Dealer discount: $5,510
Rebate 1: $5,000 (GMC cashback)
Rebate 2: $1,000 (GM Financial Dealer Dividends)
Rebate 3: $500 (For financing with GM Financial)
Selling price: $32,100

Dealer fee: $895
Electronic filing fee: $187.50

Dealer discount off MSRP = 12.5% (This includes $500 for GM Supplier Discount)

1 Like

For grins and giggles, put the vin into carvana, carmax, etc with 1,500 miles and see what pops out. You might have a flip there…

The only one that gave me any numbers is AlGo at $34,500. The others all can’t figure it out because it’s a 2020 model.

KBB has the trade-in value of a 2020 model (2021 pricing not yet available) at slightly over $35,000.

I’m going to keep the vehicle at least 6 months, then we’ll see where things are at. I feel like this is a very solid deal and haven’t seen any other dealership even come close to this.

I called the dealership and Ben wasn’t working so I got his email address and I sent him an email but he never replied. So I worked with another salesman at the dealership.

Here’s the finalized numbers. A little more than 3x that 3.8% number you didn’t think was possible.

Untitled

But you didn’t lease this vehicle… I must have missed that from your first post.

Lease/Purchase only has an impact on rebates/incentives (and taxes) not the dealer discount.

What does a lease looks like with that discount. Curious to know. Let me do some digging. Lol

Dealer holdback and trunk money can be different with lease versus purchase.

1 Like