FL - 2021 LEXUS IS 300 | $43K MSRP | $615/mo+tax | $3K DAS | 625mi/mo | 43 Months Left

I’d give it a 2 out of 10. I’ve seen worst but this one is pretty bad.

Why pay $615 plus $3k on a $43k car with 43 months left when you can go to a broker and get a brand new Lexus IS for under $500 + tax and about $2k DAS?

4 Likes

Agree with the above, this looks like one of those “it has a red interior so we’re gonna charge ya more” kinda deals…

This is literally a terrible deal by every single metric possible.

With all due respect, nobody on lease hacker is gonna take this over.

Effective $685 payment on a 43K car, it’s not even an F-Sport and you have 485 miles per month to drive the car till maturity.

3 Likes

What would be the best way to get out of it? I no longer need the car.

give it away and write it off

Give it back away to the dealership you mean? And how to write it off?

You have a couple options; you can explore selling the vehicle (either through a third party dealer that’ll process a lexus lease, to a lexus/toyota dealer, or purchasing it yourself and reselling to whomever) or you can explore transferring it with a different audience. The demographic here is generally much more price sensitive than places like swapalease/leasetrader. You may also find that you need/want to re-evaluate how much you’re looking for in an incentive if you’re not getting the response you’re looking for from potential customers.

1 Like

List it with no cash required, for starters.

Be prepared to offer some cash to the “buyer” if necessary.

1 Like

Have you talked to local Lexus dealers? I have a friend who manages a Lexus store in FL and they’re desperate to get inventory.

No I haven’t talked to any Lexus dealers yet.

How about swaplease I heard not so good things about them.

So you took a 48mo lease w/ 7500/miles a yr, and put 10k miles on car in 5mos? You’ve drove the best part of this lease, and now want $3k, that’s not happening.

You probably should have worked w/ someone here on LH, to get a better deal at a lower price.

I suggest trying SAL, you might get lucky there, but no LH’er is going to take this lease over. As others have mentioned,even on SAL be prepared to drop your cash DAS request, and maybe consider offering an incentive to move the car along.

I would agree 100%. This isn’t even remotely attractive without an incentive to the buyer.

TBF, i thought these threads weren’t the place to discuss the transfer deal.

There was another thread that was cleaned up recently.

Doing the math here, I think the typo is the Maturity date. 30k maturity is either 7500/yr for 48-mo or 10k/yr for 36-mo. But 625/mo corresponds with 32 remaining months which means June 5, 2024 and 36-mo lease. Can you confirm either the maturity needs to be June 2024 and it’s 36-mo 10k/yr or June 5, 2025 is correct and it’s 48-mo 7.5k/yr?

Just call 10 Lexus dealers and play them off each other and sell this thing. This lease won’t likely even transfer on swapalease.

Lexus of palm beach is an autonation dealership. I’ve been having luck personally and with clients using autonation dealers to buy leases out. They have been offering the most and most willing to up their offers.

3 Likes

Agree with the above. This deal is way too deep to have any luck transferring out of. We’ve seen a handful of these atrocious signings lately and it seems like the best thing you could do here is buy it out and sell it. Best of luck, OP.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.