Fisker to make Electric PopeMobile

As an excommunicated Catholic who drives an ICE (after 2 prior Hybrids), this story has my two favorite sources of guilt.

Previous Fisker Ocean discussion:

2 Likes

The photoshopped images of the pope in the box :sob:, that’s going to be a meme so fast.

1 Like

looks like they’re taking reservations.

Interesting lease approach, kinda like subscription based, no term and 30k/yr mileage. Numbers based on lowest price based model $37499 with 250 miles range.

“FLEXEE LEASE STARTS AT $379/MONTH WITH NO SET TERM. MONTHLY PAYMENT WILL VARY BASED UPON CUSTOMER SELECTED PACKAGES AND EQUIPMENT. PRICING EXCLUDES ONE-TIME $2,999 INITIATION AND ACTIVATION FEE, DELIVERY, GOVERNMENT FEES, INSURANCE AND $299 RETURN FEE. FLEXEE LEASE IS AVAILABLE TO QUALIFIED CUSTOMERS MEETING LENDER REQUIREMENTS. NOT EVERYONE WILL QUALIFY. 30,000 ALLOWED ANNUAL MILEAGE IS PRORATED ON A MONTHLY BASIS AND EXCESS MILEAGE CHARGES MAY APPLY.”

1 Like

Kinda missed a golden opportunity to continue their previous naming history. Fisker Karma… Fisker Papa?

1 Like

Just got an email today that the newer cheaper ($30k before tax credit) is open for deposits.

I think this company has potential. I like their car. Own a few hundred shares too.

Thoughts ?

I find the ocean very interesting. Waiting to see what happens with them when they’re real, but it does a lot of things right.

2 Likes

I want a comparison between the iX, the Ocean, and the Kia EV6/Genesis GV60. Correct me if I’m wrong but they all fit a similar category no?

I think the iX is a bit larger… and well, a styling nightmare.

But yes, a comparison between the ocean, a Y, and the korean triplets would be interesting.

1 Like

Ford ME, Audi Q4 and to a certain extent VW ID4 too? The fun part is most of them have adopted the “order at MSRP” (or more) approach and hard to come by.
A lot of EV options happening at the wrong timing market wise.

Yah, they’d probably be good contenders too. Size on all of these are so hard to judge.