Fisker orders, delivery etc

what if the company goes under. our $250 gone? (Wish crypto payments was an option!)

Looks like Ocean is a better choice than pear, as it stands today.

I dont think anyone outside of this thread is that well aware of potential price increase. However, if my understanding is correct, with Rivian, the price was clearly noted at time of reservation, so you knew what it would cost you (which Rivian didn’t honor). Right now with Ocean, it just lists starting price of the trim as it is…its clear to someone even like me that the price isn’t final yet. I have some ball-park range and that is ok. Unless they bump the price up by 10-15k like Rivian, it should be ok.

And I think after Rivian, almost everyone understands now that there is potential for price increase since its hard to predict what things will cost 12-24 month from today

1 Like

Correct.
Either the company doesn’t follow through on orders, goes under, and you lose your deposit OR they are successful and you get a car minus your deposit. So, either way, no refund. If a few hundred bucks is important to you, don’t order.

Think @DG-X5 has you beat, you got in like mid-January right?

‘Twas a much simpler time back then… the calm right before the storm. :joy: Got in right after I saw it at CES. 1/9/2020.

4 Likes

I reserved my first Ocean Dec 4, 2020. I reserved first Pear the day reservations opened.

Then I reserved second ocean and pear more recently.

The company isn’t going under, not anytime soon at least as they have plenty of cash and are backstopped by Magna. Magna cannot let them fail. If you’re looking for a good stock pick, look into FSR. :smile:

2 Likes

There was an article in one of the automotive publications where they interviewed Hendrik Fisker. He specifically called out the mistakes they made with the Karma (not having enough money, trying to do things themselves). Seems like this time around they’re going with proven battery tech and an experienced builder (Magna)

1 Like

Plus many of the components in the Ocean are Magna made, and leading edge stuff they’re trying to sell to other OEMs, so it would look really bad to the other OEMs if the Ocean fails.

1/5/2020. Wondering if i’ll actually give up my e-tron to get into this…

2 Likes
1 Like

Oh wow, yer a Day 1’er! Very nice!

I mean… why not both? And may I interest you in a 4xe while you’re at it? :smiley:

one-of-us

2 Likes

The Pear looks great! If thats not a flip opportunity, I don’t know what is.

The production starts sometime in 2024, if we order now we get ours by 2025 or 2026, or is it faster once production starts?

On Stocktwits a couple hours ago, Henrik said that if you’ve already reserved the Pear, you will get it in 2024.

4 Likes

Thanks. Looks like we can rely on you to keep us updated! Cheers

Used yours.
Now someone can use mine! :laughing:

Referral Code: 2TDBS0

1 Like

Greatly appreciated.
I got my reward. I will add your code to the top.

1 Like

Thanks! I reserved two Oceans. For $100 (fully refundable), it makes sense to get a second too.

Anyone know which one is moving faster with reservations. Pear or ocean?

1 Like

Reserved 2 Oceans. Cause, it’s midnight on a Friday and why not…

Referral Code: 1899PC

1 Like

I also reserved 2 oceans … not sure what I’ll do if I make it in the first 40k window

1 Like