First Time Leasing— Hyundai Ioniq 5 limited trim

Hi, I’m new to leasing and am exploring getting a lease with the Hyundai ioniq 5 limited.

This is the current offer I’ve received from my dealer but I’m not sure if I’ve filled this out correctly in the we’re hackr site using the inferred rates by being a member.

• Could I get a second set of eyes on this deal?
  • Is this a good offer?
  • And is there anything else I should be asking for?
  • I’ve heard there is something to do with Texas tax rebates but I don’t fully understand what this is and what I should ask for.

Would appreciate some patience and grace from this community. This is my first time buying a car (replacing a gas car I’ve driven into the ground from high school) and am just nervous I’m getting taken advantage.

Thanks!

What’s the MSRP on the vehicle?

Looks like he had a typo— the msrp is $55,580. He re ran the attached deal sheet now

How does ~$2500 off MSRP compare to the other deals you researched here?

Is that buy rate mf? Does the lease calculate out correctly for $2500 off MSRP?

the 24/12 lease is better priced than the 36/10
And only $549 for Tint?
Edit : not 49 549…get rid of that tint!

He said he can get it down to $349 :roll_eyes:

I’m sorry where are you seeing a 24 month lease?

Everywhere, search for Ioniq5 here and you will see them. Lots and Lots of them.

And a rule is when a dealer is including anything, they are probably scamming you on something that cost them $49.

1 Like

That’s fair on the tint, but I’m still feeling a little lost on how /what to push back on with this dealer. Could you give me some advice on what I should be asking for?

I tried searching but can’t find a ton of posts on i5 limited rwd leases for 2024. Perhaps I’m not searching correctly.

Looks like no tax credit. @mllcb42, @forbs

Is there a proper way to ask for Thai credit? I saw this referenced in the forums but none of the dealers I’ve met with seemed to know what I was talking about… case in point…

You need to specify you are talking about “Texas sales tax credits” on the lease and not something to do with the ev tax credit.

What is the tax % based on? The value after rebates? Or just the leased payments. Working on a similar deal and the taxes are not lining up.

In TX, its the full selling price of the vehicle

2 Likes

Same in Ohio since 2002. I did not know and couldn’t get numbers to make sense either.

Ask the dealer to also run the numbers on a 24 month lease to see how these compare, or better yet use the LH calculator and do it yourself. You can get the residuals and MF off Edmunds lease forum.

Also, it looks like they have marked up the MF by .040. Base rate for 36 months is .00210 and .00299 for 24 months, but residual goes to 72%.