First time leasing a car but the market is crazy

$2500 as a cap cost reduction, or $2500 due at signing?

I don’t know what the difference is. What I’m actually trying to find an answer to is, on my contract regards to the down. It says I payed for the first months payment. I bought the car on September 21 2022. And just got a bill for a payment I need to send by October 21. Shouldn’t I get a bill next month since the first payment was covered in the down?

A down payment that goes to cap cost reduction doesn’t include TTL that one often also pays b/f taking possession of the car. How much did you pay when you signed the contract?

I’ve never leased a car b/f (and thus will defer to all the posters here), but perhaps a car lease is like renting an apartment, in terms of when the payment is due (so at the “start” of the month, not at the end).

You did. You paid the payment that covered the period from sept 21 to oct 21. They sent you a bill for the period that starts oct 21. Lease payments are made at the start of the period.

Looking at some of the lease numbers on the Nissan Frontier that actually looks like a really nice lease

That’s actually not a good way to compare deals. Differing taxes, rebates, etc. so many things that change the final payment.

Doesn’t matter. The mf will be high regardless of discounts. if you don’t want what the broker is throwing out there they’ll tell you to kick rocks with how the market is now

What the heck does that have to do with you comparing your deal to his?

The biggest problem with the comparison, aside from differing taxes and fees, as mentioned above, is that both of you are stating “down [payment]” which technically means taxes and fees are extra, but we don’t know if you both actually mean that. If I were a betting man, I’d say you meant $2500 due at signing while the OP meant $0 down but still have to add taxes and fees in the deal. He may not know he meant that, but that’s very likely what the dealer meant when they made that offer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.