First Time Leasing- 2018 Mazda 6 Touring Grand Reserve

This is my first quote, so I know I need to negotiate the sales price down more, but how does everything else look?

MSRP: $32,845
Rebate- $750
Dealer Discount- $1000
Sales Price- $31,125
Acquisition fee- $670
Trade allowance- $15,500
Trade payoff- $16,152
Lemon Law- $2.00
Doc Fee- $899
Tax- $163.62
Title/Registration- $345
Money Factor- 0.00030 (although the dealer said with my credit score, I will should qualify for 0.00010

36/15,000 miles
Payment $500 with nothing due at signing.

Ruuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!! 202020

2 Likes

You can get your residual and money factor numbers from Edmunds. It can vary slightly by region. There are very little, if any, lease incentives this month. I was shopping these last month and there was no reason to pull the trigger. February was decent, $325 pre-tax was available in the midwest:

As an example, this months residual and money factor for 36/15 in 20191 are 51% and .00001, with no lease incentives. Using those numbers, your numbers above, and your negative equity of $652 (entered as a negative down payment), it looks like a $465 payment pre-tax (don’t know your tax rate) with $0 DAS. I just can’t fathom a sane person paying $500 a month for a Mazda6, but that’s just me.

2018 signature Should be upper 300’s

1 Like

He is rolling in some negative equity but even then, yeah

The lowest price in finding the GR trim is around $28,000 within 100 miles of my area (central Florida). Plugging that amount in the calculator I’m still in the $400’s with nothing due at signing. Am I doing something wrong? Edmunds said the residual value is 51% which is what I was told by the dealership.

It’s April, I know Mazda’s don’t have much markup, but that discount is a joke on a 2018. Maybe they want to celebrate that cars birthday :birthday:

Are you opposed to traveling to GA? That will help with the ridiculous FL doc fee.

Thank you for the detailed reply! Since my posts I’ve gotten a few other quotes. Here is the best one so far that takes into account my trade. I did get one other that was a little less in payment, however I don’t see anything about my trade on there.

MSRP- $32,595
Discount- $2,300
Adjusted price- $30,295
Trade allowance- $16,000
Trade payoff- $16,152
Rental surcharge- $60 (not sure what this is)
Battery Fee- $1.50
Tax- $4.30
Pre Delivery Service charge- $250
Aquisition- $595
Elec File and Tag- $175
LIcense Fee- $200
Tire Fee- $4.00
MVWEA- $4.00 (no idea what this is)

Payment $464 with zero due at signing.

This dealer doesn’t have a dealer fee, but I see they find ways to slip different fees in there anyway.

Noooo…$464???

For a Mazda? That model will be changing soon and not only that you can grab a Mercedes or an Infiniti Q50 for that amount. Think entry luxury brands at that price instead of a Mazda. Mazda 6 is a great car but not at that ridiculous price

I did also reach out to a couple of Infinity dealerships about the Q50 as well. I felt like the payment was high as well, but I feel like there just doesn’t seem to be a lot negotiating room on the Mazda based on prices in my area so I may just need to move on to something else completely.

Check out the Marketplace sub for literally anything else.

That is insane. My Audi A4 is cheaper, and it’s a really well equipped A4.

Find a demo 530i/530e

Same size car, but far superior for nearly same monthly

Do not take that deal the dealership is discounting the car a pathetic $1000 bucks, I’m sure those Mazda’s 6 are walking themselves out the door and that’s why they’re giving you such weak discount, u gotta squeeze them for more than that and try other dealers if your not having luck with this one but you shouldn’t be paying $500’s on a 30k car

Actually the Mazda6 has very poor sales figures and value drops very quickly when new models come out. But I agree the quoted price is insane and in luxury car territory. Source: currently own a mazda6

And your data for this is?

I’ve been shopping for cx5 for a while. I agree with the OP regarding the difficulty of negotiation. I hardly could get anything at the prices quoted before for 2019 Mazda CX-5. I asked for quotes and no one is working to go for a good discount for Mazda. I get mostly -1000 off 3xxx MSRP and $750 incentives. The dealers in NorCal walk away from any deal more then 2k off 39xxx MSRP. I have no idea why Mazda is popular.

Just checking nationwide used pricing on Mazda6 regularly when the 2018 6 came out. What surprised me even more was how fast the value of the 2018 model dropped when you drive it off the lot. Many used ones are available with less than 5,000 miles and more than $5000 off MSRP within just a few months of its release.