First time lease, is this a good deal?

A dealership here in OR is offering about 15,000 off MSRP on 2023 Jeeps Wrangler 4xe when leasing them. 61,000 is the avg for the models. The way I read and have been explained how this works is that it ends up being $439 a month for 36 months. 4000$ due at signing with first payment and fees, and the residual is 38,000. The total lease charge comes out to 19360$. I’m confused because that does not sound like 15,000 off MSRP 38,000+19360 comes out to around 57K.

Regards,
Possible first-time leaser.
Thanks all!

Ally is a deceptive lender. Looks like the deal expired anyway.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, the dealer I’m talking to said the ad will keep running until Jeep discontinues it. I had brought up the 4/30 expiration as well.

If its a published ad, its likely a crap deal.

Case in point… this is $1000 off msrp. Most of us that have got wrangler 4xes have been more like $5000-6000 off msrp.

4 Likes

Ah, ok, thanks!
So when you say it is 1000 off MSRP, how do you come to that conclusion? How can they advertise it as 15,000 off MSRP?

The ad states it’s $1k dealer discount plus $14k Ally rebates.

1 Like

Oh ok. So the rebate is different than a dealer taking off msrp. If you dont mind me asking if you know, what is that 14000 rebate and what does it apply to?

Correct. Play with the calculator - take 15000 of selling price and see what’s due and your monthly payment. Then change it to 1000 off selling price + 14000 in taxed rebates and see that monthly payment doesn’t change, but now you’re paying those taxes on the rebates. I’d have two questions: is the $14k ally rebate taxable (idk the answer) and is that tax included in the $3995 DAS (most likely not because it specifies “…plus all applicable taxes,…”)

I dont know the exact breakdown off hand, but considering its Ally, its probably:

$7500 ev
$3-5k in bonus cash
$3-5k in IDL cash for using Ally’s insanely ridiculous standard rate money factor

The IDL cash is the tricky one here where they try to lure you in with ads like this. They will do a large rebate that you can only get when using the non-incentivized money factor through some of the banks. Basically, they chsrge you way higher “interest”, but show a bigger rebate up front. Make it seem like a better deal.

4 Likes