First Time Lease: Is this a bad deal?

Hey guys! Tennessean here looking to lease a QX55 or a coupe SUV. This would be a local pickup and clearly dealer is eager to make a sell, but I’m thinking this is NOT the best deal possible and wanted to run it by the experts here.

VEHICLE

Stock #: 240080

New / Used: New

Vehicle: 2024 INFINITI QX55

Type: LUXE (CVT) 4dr All-Wheel Drive

Lease Payments

Estimated

Cash Down

36 Months /

0.00225 *

39 Months /

0.00235 *

48 Months /

0.00281 *

Annual Mileage Allowed: 10,000

VIN : 3PCAJ5JR4RF102055

Color : Black Obsidian

Market Value Selling Price 51,770

Discount: 4747

Rebate: 1500

Adjusted Price: 45,523

Wheel Locks: 165

Nitrogen: 134

Ikon 3 Year: 699

Total Purchase: 46,521

Taxable Fees (Estimated): 965.87

Doc Fee: 799

Tax: 332.58

Non Tax Fees: 150

Balance: 48,768.45

Most coupe SUVs are going to be atrocious leases. So how does a lease structure benefit you here? Paying more than half a car’s price … over two leases you’ll pay more than the car’s price and have nothing to show for it.

So, this is going to be my second car as I have a fully paid for Acura. We need a SUV but I wanted something sporty.
Are their any recommendations for great SUVs with reasonable leases?

Would you consider an EV or only gas vehicles?

Check marketplace to compare any deal you get of line. Plenty of suv

1 Like

Electrics are the best right now, but did you look at the Audi Q5?

I think a 2.0 CVT Infiniti SUV is really not something “sporty.” Do you want the sporty look or the sporty car? See if your local alfa dealer do steep discounts on 2024 Stelvios, they are much sportier (to drive) compared to most competitors, and definitely compared to QX55 (and it’s kinda coupe-y?).

$799 Doc Fee… plus all the other over-priced dealer added options… no thank you!!!

….

1 Like

I definitely would like a gas vehicle.

I like the sporty look.

I’m pretty sure you can find a better vehicle in the $600 range

1 Like

very limited data in TN so cannot say… Try go to the marketplace section, find dealers/brokers that work with Infiniti (maybe you’ll even find one that serves your region, I didn’t check), and try to get your dealer to be close(r) to that pricing. At any rate, remove the add-ons unless they can match the price with LH dealer/broker’s offerings.
You can also reach out to dealers/brokers out of state if it is overall a lower price and/or you’re willing to go through more hassle.

My suggestion is to get a strong, good deal, not the “best deal possible.” Nobody knows what’s the best possible deal.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Thank you!

There’s literally 0 coupe SUVs with good leases.

If it were me I’d get an actual suv because I need an suv. And I’d sell the Acura for an actual sporty car.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.