First time Audi Q5 owner - need Extended warranty/Maintenance care info

Hi LHers

I bought my first Audi Q5 yesterday, would like your inputs on following Q’s

1. Is extended warranty needed if planning to keep the car for longtime ? ($3054 for 96months/100k miles)
  2. Is it worth to buy Audi maintenance care plan that cover audi recommended maintenance 48months/40k miles ($1399)
  3. Easy care plan , covers windsheild, dents, paint , key replacement, road hazard for 60 months ($890)

would love to know from experts how to maintain this vehicle after 4 year warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Q5s lease so well that you should have leased it. I used to own an A4 and it was a nightmare to maintain. Owning that Audi convinced me that leasing is the way to go.

oh but the money you spent on lease will be gone once you return the vehicle. I am planning to own the car as i am not a big driver, most of the times it sits in my garage except weekends or holidays. My previous car was Highlander and i own it for 15 years with 140k miles on it, drives like a charm and never had major issues till it was rear ended by a teenager with truck last month and totaled.

1. How much have you compared pricing? What’s covered and what’s not covered? What’s the deductible? Who is the provider or underwriter?

2 and 3 are easily “no”

1 Like

$250 deductible , covers the servicing for the term of coverage and i don’t have details of terms and condition. They are supposed share the details by email, awaiting.

You should have probably got another Highlander or Lexus RX if you’re going to hold for so long. I had my A4 for about 3 years and the maintenance cost me about 200 dollars per month. Depreciation was another 250.

200 per month maintenance ? are you talking about Gas expense ? or any other?

I could not get any deals on RX350. It is around the same price 55k but dealers are hardly giving 1k off.

Most of the Audi , 2022 models are eligible for rebate of 2k from Audi.

Total maintenance cost divided by the number of months I owned the vehicle.

wow!! i don’t know how i can manage but lets see how it goes. Hopefully no major issues for few more years and no big drop in car prices.

These non-luxury SUV’s are selling above/same as premium car prices and so i had to buy Q5.

Have to find a way to minimize any maintenance costs.

Brokers here have around 8% off on the RX 350

i almost received 15% off on Q5 and none of the brokers near to my zipcode. Shipping is another 1.5k and i don’t know if transaction goes smoothly or not but yeah i would have spent some more time in this forum and talk to couple of brokers.

1 Like

Was it a used Audi? I leased an A4 in 2016, and the only maintenance required was a once a year/10k service. I bought Audi Care, so the total cost to me was about $400 for the three services.

Yeah I got it used probably right out of warranty. I think the 2014 generation wasn’t very good.

Any inputs on getting good extended warranty with reasonable price?

Go here and scroll down to Audi

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.