First post & Quick question

HI all. I will be looking to lease a new ride in about a year and figured I better start in on the research.

I was working through the calculator and was hoping someone would be willing to take a look at what I came up with and double check that I am using it correctly.

I used the search function for the MF and RV but I didn’t worry about incentives since it’s just a test case. I did look into the tax status of my location and it is a 5% tax all paid up front.

Thanks
Doug

My first whack at the LH calculator

A year is basically an eternity when you’re talking about leasing numbers, and especially this particular upcoming year. COVID really upset the apple cart, and things could look very different by the time you’re ready to pull the trigger on a new car. Programs will certainly change. Model years too.

You can of course do some reading about features and cars that interest you, and how leasing works - start with Leasing 101 on this site if you haven’t already. That said, you’re around 11 months early to get serious about numbers.

Your calculator doesn’t tell us what model car you’re looking at, so it’s impossible to tell if your pre-incentive discount % is reasonable. You have $1,500 in the untaxed incentives line. You mentioned you didn’t look into incentives. Where did the $1,500 come from, and what leads you to believe it’s untaxed?

There are a lot of things that go into a lease calculation. Whether you’re using it correctly entirely depends on how accurate and realistic the inputs you provided are. Given the numbers you plugged into the calculator, the outputs are correct. :wink:

2 Likes

Rarely are bmw incentives untamed. Normally they’re taxed incentives as they’re direct to consumer.

You’ve got the fees and such set to the defualts still.

They were untamed a couple years ago.

5 Likes

Damn phone.

Untaxed

1 Like

Gotta love spell check. I get what you are saying @Martin3754 and I since I am not in a hurry that gives me lots of time to figure things out. The car was a BMW 3 series that I pulled the MSRP from a local dealer website. I plugged in rebates and discount similar to broker adds, with local taxes, mostly to see if I was getting a reasonable result.

With any luck it will also let me jump in when/if things line up so I can get a smoking deal on a nice car.

D.

So I have been poking around local deal websites trying to get a feel for local stock levels so I am well informed when I am ready to buy later this year. While doing this I found a 2020 330i xdrive demo with 1000 miles on it. The deal has marked the MSRP down just short of 15%.

I wasn’t planning on trying to buy anything for a few months but this could be the deal to go after do any of you BMW experts out there think there is a little more margin to go after or would that be getting greedy?
Thanks
D.

Well, you cant lease 2020 BMWs anymore.

So my question really was stupid. When did lease support end for 2020’s?

There have been quite a few reports of bmw extending 2020 lease support through the end of April, at least in certain regions

Not stupid, there isn’t a way to know unless your an avid BMW fanatic or a broker/dealer.

1 Like

Why are you wasting people’s’ time when you aren’t ready for a new vehicle for another year? What are you gonna do with your current lease if you get this 330xi?

Also, keep in mind that even if this is leasable and you get a great discount, the bmw programs right now are pretty bad across the board

I currently only have one vehicle (not a lease) and am not planning on getting into a lease until the end of summer but if I can find a great deal I would be willing to jump in sooner. Actually that is the plan. I am deal hunting since I don’t really need to get into anything.

Chances of that are extremely low in current circumstances. You may be better off keeping an eye on swapalease and the bmw forums for lease transfers

True, but I am not limiting my self to BMW. Brand is not real important and I am patient.

Figure out what a ‘good lease deal’ means to you, read up on Leasing 101 and understand how to calculate a lease payment and come up with a target deal, and keep an eye on marketplace and shared deals.

You can learn to answer so many questions yourself, including ‘is 15% off a demo a good deal’.

3 series has pretty terrible program at the moment (lower RV & incentives than it historically has had, so I don’t see it as a good target at all for trying to ‘deal hunt’

Any good deal has to save you 3 or 4 payments plus insurance since you don’t really need a car till end of summer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.