First Offer: Kia K5 GT-Line AWD. Help/Advice?

New around here, so forgive me if I have anything wrong. And sorry in advance for a long post, I’ve always done the negotiations for our two leases but could really use some advice/help from you experts.

Dealer sent me back their first offer, looks decent with the monthly payment, but I’m curious what you guys think. What would be a reasonable % off the selling price to aim for with this type of car in the current market?

I also have a Niro lease (2 months out at $345/month taxes included), which I haven’t brought up to the dealer yet, but online car trade in pricing is above what my current residual is so I’m hoping to make out or at least break even to pay my lease out myself without rolling it into the new lease.

Thoughts, tips, anything will be helpful. I usually feel like I get a good deal when I get my leases (that’s the dealers job after all), but after reading up on here I’m not too sure lol. I made an appointment to go in next weekend to give myself time to figure out a reasonable counter offer. End of the month, and quarter, is the best timing I’ll be able to get before my lease ends. Thanks in advance, deal below!

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD w/ Special Edition Package, Wolf Gray
MSRP: $31,445
Selling Price: $30,000
Monthly Payment: $ 337
Drive-Off Amount: $ 900
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 64%
Residual: $20,125
Incentives: $1020 lease cash
Region: New England / Rhode Island
Leasehackr Score: 7.9
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

Not a great discount. Have you searched the forum for Shared Deals and in the Marketplace?

I didn’t have much luck looking in either place unfortunately. Could be missing something though, still new, so I’ll try looking again.

Make sure to take any tags/filters off and look nationally for benchmarks on the pre-incentives discount

RV, MF etc can vary by region but your discount target should be based on a national search

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.