First lease advice

Hi everyone,

I’ve been reading the forum for the last six months and have found a lot of helpful information.
Currently, I’m looking to get my first lease, but as a newcomer, I only have 12-14 months of credit history (~720-750 score, 1% utilization rate). I have a very good income being self-employed.
For the past year, I’ve been paying around $1000-1300 for Sixt Plus subscriptions, but I’m tired of paying this much and driving basic cars.
I’m interested in getting either the EQE, EQS, iX, or Ioniq 5 Limited if the others aren’t available.

I understand that my chances of getting good numbers might not be high, but when I visited a few dealers near me, they told me there’s no chance at all of getting a lease without a 10-15k down payment. This seems unreasonable since the full lease cost of the EQE/EQS isn’t much more than what they’re asking for as a down payment.

I don’t want to bother brokers if there’s no chance of getting approved.
I would appreciate any advice in my case.
From Florida.
Thanks in advance

I wouldn’t shy away from contacting brokers. Some captives might be a big tier drop with a big MF bump but with some others you might be tier 2 with a minimal MF bump.

And while you didn’t mention Volvo or Polestar they also make electrified vehicles and their approval is a yes/no system with no tiers or MF bumps.

Being self-employed may mean you won’t qualify for BMW’s foreign executive/expat program, but you should try a broker anyway.

My guess is that the easiest will be an Ioniq 5, though you may have to pay a markup on it.

Good luck!

1 Like

Send a box of Padrons to @JasonT1 and ask him to find you an Ionic.

Thank you all. I will definitely speak with a broker.

I had an XC90 a few years ago and just want something newer.
I really like how the Polestar looks but I’m not sure about its size. I need to check it out one more time.

1 Like