FIRST HACK SIGNED: Mazda CX-5 Touring Preferred $318 + $807 DAS

If you want to remain disingenuous, at best, about the perception this creates in the dealer’s mind about whether you’re buying or leasing, so be it.

Everyone else knows exactly what your strategy entails

Obviously you’re not willing to accept whether your strategy has any flaws so I’m out. I’ve done my job of describing an alternative approach to other readers of this thread.

So you rolled the dice and they happen to be on the same page… worked out in this case. But why risk the time waste? All you’re doing is degrading your value to the dealer of being the fastest, easiest transaction possible by dragging the process out. What’s the point in doing so?

1 Like

Why do you guys only quote part’s of posts to take things out of context of the full thought?

“I initially went in asking for the monthly I wanted. It was “too aggressive” for any dealer to get it there.”

Moreover, its not a roll of the dice when you go into sign with a quote sheet on hand that outlines the terms of the lease. I was in and out in an hour.

1 Like

But it’s a back and forth to get there. Why stage it into multiple exchanges? Why not just say “here is the deal I want”, even if you choose to break it into details rather than monthly(I much prefer breaking the details out, but there’s arguments for and against that)? Why leave the door open to ambiguity not in your favor?

I asked for the monthly I wanted and no one would do it. “too aggressive.”

So I moved to negotiating the selling price down.

From the looks of it, the deal I got was better than the pre-negotiated deal. I wanted an aggressive deal and I got a deal across the line that was what I wanted.

Also, its hilarious to see someone quote part of your post, in which you start the post by saying "Why do you guys only quote part’s of posts to take things out of context of the full thought?

“I initially went in asking for the monthly I wanted. It was “too aggressive” for any dealer to get it there.”

I think I answer your question pretty clearly in the post you’re responding to.

I have been there too, and this is why I personally prefer to lay out the deal rather than just give a monthly/Das target. There are arguments in both directions there I can get behind. Fear of low payments is definitely a real thing.

I’m not quoting things out of context and am asking the same question. It’s only out of context if you assume that your choice is either to offer a monthly or to negotiate the selling price in a vacuum. Those aren’t opposite strategies.

100% agree.

And I appreciate your responses @mllcb42

I’ve been really clear that this was my first go at a lease and given the context of the car I wanted, turned out to be a great deal.

I’m just not a fan of the attacking “this was wrong, this doesn’t work, and you acted in a disingenuous fashion” from the other guy. Always here to discuss and critique, not here to tolerate fools who make sweeping generalizations about someone else’s motives.

Great deal. Def better than any deal available in Florida for a CX5 Touring Preferred.
Im surprised you didnt try to bring it down further with MSD’s.

Great point. If it was for me, I absolutely would have.

It was for my lady and she didn’t really care to put MSD’s down. Or rather she was done with me “deal hunting” and just wanted the car already.

I was happy with the deal and knew when to call it quits before she got annoyed :joy:

1 Like

Thanks for the tips.

except this was all BS because you played games to get the offer and then took the best offer to your closest volume store to make it convenient for you :rofl:

I’m dying to know what business you’re in.

Wanted to come back here and say thank you for all of the tips. Was able to score a fantastic lease on CX-5 Touring FWD Preferred Package last night! Really appreciate it.

Curious, did the SoCal dealer you chose have an added $5,885 Platinum Shield Package added to the MSRP on the window sticker at the dealership when you got there?

Advertised MSRP on their website was $30,600, got there and noticed this package on the window sticker. It was on every car. Included:

• AVAS 3 year $1495
  • Interior Perma Plate $995
  • Door Edge Guards $395
  • Market Adjustment $3000

Bringing Dealer’s Asking Price to $36,485. I was pretty irritated by this surprise. I refused to pay for this and continued to talk down the dealer asking price as planned and got where I had wanted, so it was fine. But was curious if this really was just a thing just at my dealer of choice (PH Mazda) or one you saw as well?

Lots of dealers add those ridiculous packages on their vehicles. What they usually do is go online and advertise some insane discount on the car to get you in the door and then make it all back up on those packages.

LMAO, on a Mazda. What a time to be alive

1 Like

Good to know. It was insane. I showed my anger. Maybe a little too much, but also may have helped me. :joy:

Haha right? I was on my way out the door! Don’t piss me off when I’m hungry. :joy:

Will definitely know I need to expect it next time around in three years. A learning lesson for me.

In the future, there’s no reason to try to do any of your negotiating in person.