đŸ”„ đŸ”„ 2017 Chevy Bolt $270/mo, or Net $121 after incentives and 1-pay - Nor Cal đŸ”„ đŸ”„

If i live in LA and will lease a bolt LT soon, what incentives are available?
I know i can apply for $2500 CVRP and $700 Costco card.
Can i also get the pg&e $500 rebate? I use ladwp.

1 Like

Any phone or emails for Sam G at Dublin, or Sunny @Freemont? Thanks

my email: tom@schoolofthought.com

CA rebate is $1500, and not $2500 and has income limits as well

CA rebate is $2500 on the BOLT. It’s $1500 on the VOLT.

5 Likes

A one-pay lease isn’t the same thing as a large downpayment. You’re completely correct regarding large down-payments, but a one-pay lease can be structured as “$0 downpayment” and all in monthly payments, which you happen to pre-pay.

In that case GM financial lease agreement is very clear that in the event of a total loss they refund the pro-rated unused monthly payments even though you pre-paid them.

8 Likes

Thank you @lessthanjoey. I think this is helpful for all of us. I confirmed the same with my insurance agent as well.

2 Likes

Thanks to @ntety for coming up with this amazing lease hack on Bolts. As a gold member lease hackr, I strongly recommend that all BOLT lessees lookin into the one pay as a way to save further $$$$ on the lease. One pay BOLT EV lease is the way to go and has vhooloo crystal balls seal of approval. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread such as @lessthanjoey and @K04 (-1 for chevyphil who tried to scare us off but he is a dealer so what do you expect?) :fire:

4 Likes

Also see this from Boardwalk Chevy

1 Like

It’s now front page on leasehackr BOLT for 138 leasehackr deal (after rebates).

1 Like

Which is too bad, actually. The deal described in this thread is better, even if you elect for monthly payments. @ChevyPhil said he could do the same, but the front page deal was slightly higher ($250 vs. $261 pre tax on a 12k lease). Hopefully others seeing the front page deal will do a little due diligence. Thanks again to everyone on this forum!

1 Like

Add in the $3k rebate from San joaquin county and it is almost free!

2 Likes

Yes! for customer in the San joaquin Valley there is a extra $3,000 rebate on top of the CVRP. it’s crazy.

1 Like

Not sure it works the same as cap cost. For a one pay you probably have equity in the car that you would get back from insurance.
A friend did a one pay on the Chevy spark ev and it was totalled. He got a good chunk of money back. He claims it was a windfall. He leased another spark with the money.

It’s still clear in the GM financial lease agreement that I linked that they do refund in cases of total loss.

dublin made so much money off that buy rate. #BackEndReserveGoals

1 Like

right? that’s my old sales manager at Dublin. That’s where I learned the ropes before I moved to Capitol to go Non-commission.

1 Like

a Few other knowledgeable opinions.

@chevysalesgirlRegistered Dealer/Broker2h
still not going to agree with that because it’s based off the value and case by case. so one person may get money back, but the next may have to pay out and no one plans to total a car so it’s difficult to anticipate what they’ll consider for the value.

@Irongunner1h
I agree with CSG. No matter how you pay for it (single pay vs. payments/cash down), GM is going to calculate the balance you owe (the unused portion of the lease - meant to be the residual plus any payments that have not yet come due) and then your insurance settlement will either cover or not. Since under a one pay lease you have basically paid down to the residual, your payoff (i.e. balance) will be less so you may get some of your money back but it will not be prorated (i.e. here are your 10 remaining payments back). Since Chevy’s are notoriously bad at holding resale value (insurance companies typically pay replacement value) odds are pretty good you will lose all or a lot of your dough that was paid up front.

1 Like

Right, but that doesn’t mean you won’t be losing thousands to depreciation.

To illustrate, normal lease with gap insurance vs one pay if your car gets totaled a few days after signing:

Net lease value: 31k (normal lease)
Insurance payout: 27k
Payments you’ve made: $0
Amount you owe: 4k, covered by gap so you owe nothing
Total lease cost: $0

Net lease value: 30k (lower MF on one pay)
Insurance payout: 27k
Payments you’ve made: 10k
GM prorated refund: 27+10-30=7k
Total lease cost: $3k

I’ve not seen anything that suggests gap insurance will do some sort of prorated payment calculation and reimburse the bank so you get your entire payment back. That would make one pay essentially equivalent to making a huge down payment.

1 Like

How much would the fully loaded Bolt be for a one pay payment. I would really want the fully loaded one!