Financing a new Toyota Sienna

Going to dealer on Monday to buy a new Sienna for the Wife. How can I make sure the dealer isn’t marking up the finance apr. is there a way to find out what TFS base Apr is for this month

There’s no special rate for siennas. If they’re forcing you to finance with them it should be in the 7s. Can always refinance with a credit union right after if needed. Just don’t tell them that’s your intention. You’re not paying a markup up right?

1 Like

Thanks. No markup.
They aren’t forcing - at least not yet as I didn’t meet them but they did force me to come in to the dealer ship to leave deposit which makes me wonder what type of tricks they are planning on pulling.

If it’s in Nj they will def have some! Stick to msrp+ tax tags and you’re doc fee which I think is $699 and it’s a solid deal. Finance no more then 8% (can def do better if allowed to use outside)

Get penfed for new auto loan

Thank you i’ll keep in mind and hopefully they’ll let me use a CU

1 Like

I’m a member with Allegacy. I’ll check if penfed is better

Check out Campbell’s Federal Credit Union or USSFCU. With Campbell’s you have to wait three months after being a member before you can apply for a loan but it’s good for refinancing.

If you’re in Cumberland County NJ by any chance, check out Members 1st of Federal Credit Union (there’s quite a few Members 1st or similar names but they are not related).

Thanks. I’m in Ocean County - last I checked Allegacy was the only one that was easy to be a member with decent rates in the area. I’ll check out those options though

Update: Dealer was great. Signed on the car at MSRP
$799 doc fee
$199 etch fee
$400 DMV
They are ok with me using a CU. They also check 20 banks for loan options. TFS came in at 7.90% and Bank of America is at 6.49% and hopefully they’ll find less

1 Like

Nice job! Every percentage point counts with these current sky high rates!

Yes, unfortunately Sienna at msrp is a good deal in current market.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.